Republic Services
www.republicservices.com Phoenix, AZ 5000+ Employees

Diamond in the rough.

Current Employee (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL

I have been working at Republic Services

ProsSome really good people work here. A good diverse mix. People with alot of experience and drive to acheive more for the company and themselves. In this division the employees are a true "workforce". We do recieve Safety vest and gloves when we need them. And hats if they have them. Every now and then there's a cookout when we're done with our route. On doubledays there's pizza waiting for us when we get in from our route.

ConsRewards are thin. Praise for good work also trim. Pay does not match that of other companies that have smaller zones. Every now and then we are given speeches telling us how thankful we should be to have a job in this economy- and- if we don't like it here- there's the gate. Slim chance of getting training in front load or roll off- alot of hiring of outside. Not much of bonus system- a $25 gift card at Thanksgiving and Christmas and a $10 on your birthday. At Christmas there is a raffle for items such as dvd players to iPods etc. Rainsuits and Jackets are given out as Safety Rewards. Lack of Leadership Skills from frontline supervisors on how to relate to employees. The employees know the money saved goes to Managements bonuses. COLA is based on merit- 1%-5% based on merit-- No other raise given through the year. Being told that Chrismas gifts can be bought at Family Dollar because money is tight. It's true- just doesn't sound like a thing a Supervisor should say at a morning meeting.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at this Division and how employees are treated. Profit is good but there are people on the back and behind the wheels and behind the desks of this Division that has families and deserve respect.

Could Be Better...

Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at Republic Services

Pros: A small and relaxed working environment. Although there are departmental conflicts, within each department is a "family" who values and respects their counterparts. For the… Cons: The animosity between departments creates a tense workplace. There are certain managers who are legends in their own mind and use unprofessional actions, lies, and… Advice to Senior Management: My advice would be to take a closer look at each department and cut those managers and employees that are not worth the… More

RSG - Where people are a commodity, and long-term strategic focus is nil.

Operations Manager (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Republic Services

Pros: Compensation is somewhat in line with competition. Bonus, if actually achievable,… Cons: Company is highly centralized, be it on a Corporate or Regional level. Very little is controlled… Advice to Senior Management: Talk is cheap, actually put the what your saying into action. Put your people first, and realize your best players… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Republic Services.

Worked for Republic Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Republic Services reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Republic Services CEO Donald W. (Don) Slager. All reviews posted anonymously by Republic Services employees.