Republic Services

www.republicservices.com
  www.republicservices.com
There are newer employer reviews for Republic Services

"It's been like this for years"

Current Employee - Driver in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Driver in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Republic Services

Pros

Some good drivers to work with- most office staff very friendly. The cookouts- when they had them were good. The customers are understanding.

Cons

They stopped the cookouts after enough time as to let the anti-union meeting wear off. They think the drivers are uneducated and do not know how to stand up for themselves by using the system. They don't seem to understand that respect is earned- not given." They" is used to replace Managment- for they have no traits to support their title.

Mr. O'Connor-- I saw your budget for relocating and private airplane use---- very nice-- Do you know that you have drivers with two jobs to make ends meet ?????

215 Other Employee Reviews for Republic Services (View Most Recent)

It's not what you know, but WHO you know...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Republic Services

Pros

Large company with many business units that you can work at. The majority of the people that work in the "trenches" are good, hard workers that want to make a difference and want the company to do well.

Cons

Poor upper management...managers with no business being in a leadership roll. The Phoenix division is stuck in the "this is how we have always done it mode" and no one wants to move outside the box and look at what needs to be done to grow the company. Too many layers...you need to get approval from the division level, area level, region level and then corporate level just do do something that males sense to the customer. No strategic marketing plan in place, no on site technical support at the division level, no rewards or praise for a job well done. Certain departments, such as Operations, are treated like royalty while others are pushed down, beat up and made to feel worthless. Managers that want to make a difference are given a million reasons why things cannot be changed and are driven to leave the company. Human Resources is a joke...they don't understand the meaning of employee relations or fair practices. Overall, a stress filled place to work with no hope for advancement.

Take a real hard look at your individual business units. Stop spouting off "The One Republic Way" and start doing something to make the divisions a better place to work. The company as a whole will fail as the smaller business units drag it down. Also, clean house...get rid of the managers and GM's that should not be around...just because you have worked in the industry for 10 years does not mean you should lead a business unit or team! Jim O'Conner needs to come to the divisions and see what REALLY goes on!!!!

Diamond in the rough.

Current Employee - Current Employee in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Republic Services

Pros

Some really good people work here. A good diverse mix. People with alot of experience and drive to acheive more for the company and themselves. In this division the employees are a true "workforce". We do recieve Safety vest and gloves when we need them. And hats if they have them. Every now and then there's a cookout when we're done with our route. On doubledays there's pizza waiting for us when we get in from our route.

Cons

Rewards are thin. Praise for good work also trim. Pay does not match that of other companies that have smaller zones. Every now and then we are given speeches telling us how thankful we should be to have a job in this economy- and- if we don't like it here- there's the gate. Slim chance of getting training in front load or roll off- alot of hiring of outside. Not much of bonus system- a $25 gift card at Thanksgiving and Christmas and a $10 on your birthday. At Christmas there is a raffle for items such as dvd players to iPods etc. Rainsuits and Jackets are given out as Safety Rewards. Lack of Leadership Skills from frontline supervisors on how to relate to employees. The employees know the money saved goes to Managements bonuses. COLA is based on merit- 1%-5% based on merit-- No other raise given through the year. Being told that Chrismas gifts can be bought at Family Dollar because money is tight. It's true- just doesn't sound like a thing a Supervisor should say at a morning meeting.

Take a look at this Division and how employees are treated. Profit is good but there are people on the back and behind the wheels and behind the desks of this Division that has families and deserve respect.

There are newer employer reviews for Republic Services