There are newer employer reviews for Reputation.com

Great place for people who are driven and want to have big impact

Former Employee - Sales  in  Menlo Park, CA
Former Employee - Sales in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Reputation.com as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Building very fast growing business that really helps people in need of assistance managing their online reputations. Management will give you opportunity to take on more and more responsibility and will also hold you accountable if you do not deliver on what you say you will do.

Cons

Aggressive goals to reach to each quarter.

Keep sharing stories of real people the company helps.

67 Other Employee Reviews for Reputation.com (View Most Recent)

Startup getting past growing pains

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Reputation.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Energetic office filled with people who believe in the mission of the company and want to see it succeed. We got to solve new and interesting problems in an entrepreneurial way. I also received good equity-based compensation on top of a competitive salary.

Cons

I was at the company during some startup growing pains. People were being challenged to accept new roles and responsibilities that they weren't always ready for. The company was good about support (especially if you seek it out from some of the managers who have been there for a while) but some employees were unhappy about the constantly expanding responsibilities. I understand that things are becoming more stable, but any growth startup will always challenge people to grow; I personally enjoyed being to expand my career and try new things.

The campus is about halfway between San Francisco and San Jose, and sometimes traffic can be bad. That said, I've heard from friends that the new office (right across from CalTrain) has made the San Francisco commute a lot easier (and I'd imagine from the South Bay too, but I don't have reports on that). Maybe if growth continues it'd be worth exploring transit options making it easier for East Bay people to get there?

Motivation that is driven by fear

Former Employee - Contract Sales Operations  in  Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Contract Sales Operations in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Reputation.com

Pros

The people are great, you meet a lot of interesting people who have come from all walks of life. I met a lot of people there that I am still friends with. They ramp up responsiblities very quickly, so you have to be a quick learner. However, this leads to my cons.

Cons

Long work hours as they expect a lot, so if you're looking for work/life balance, don't come here. They also begin you as a contract worker on the Sales Operations team and dangle that over your head while you try and obtain full time employment. The turnover here is insane as they probably go through a new sales team every 3 months. The high turnover made me wonder if I would even be working there the next morning.

My advice to the senior management would be to push down turnover and create a better environment. There is no employee loyalty when you see all your friends get cut from the company or leave because they can't stand to work there anymore.

There are newer employer reviews for Reputation.com

Worked for Reputation.com? Contribute to the Community!