There are newer employer reviews for Reputation.com

Great tech startup offering awesome benefits, pay, and growth potential

Current Employee - Sales in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Sales in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growth potential - Work hard and move up. Speak your mind about changes that you think could help improve the company and the management team actually listens, considers and implements those changes rapidly.
Benefits - great insurance benefits, stock options and free lunches.
Pay - Great pay. Sales staff has an aggressive base salary and a phenomenal commission schedule. Quotas are set properly with the team running at 97% to quota.
Culture - Awesome work environment. Team work is heavily promoted. Fun group. I actually enjoy coming to work early everyday.

Cons

No more bottled water. This company tries to be environmentally green, so they took away our free bottled waters and gave us filtered water and free aluminum water bottles. I like bottled water and hate having to wash dishes, so I suppose this is my issue not a company issue.
Company matched 401k - Wished the company would match on the 401k plan.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Very good atmosphere and culture if you like to play hard

Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time

Pros

There is a lot of head room at the company for people who step up.
    The team has lots of energy and a great attitude.
    Company is tackling hard problems with a lot of ambition.
    Business is good.

Cons

Not necessarily the most structured place in terms of what you are supposed to do day to day.

Advice to Management

Hire more engineers.

Horrible work/life balance for remote workers

Former Employee - Associate Copy Editor in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Associate Copy Editor in Rockville, MD

I worked at Reputation.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you don't have a family or need a substantial salary, working from home is nice. Other than management, coworkers were helpful and friendly.

Cons

I took this job so I could continue to stay at home with my kids, but because they implemented the oDesk productivity tracking system, I ended up having to work in the middle of the night. I found my manager to be very brusque and insulting at times, with inconsistent feedback. Instead of completing my training period, she handed me off to other trainers. It seemed like she was sick of giving me feedback. When the workload increased, she decided to demote me instead of finishing my training. That combined with the insane hours and low pay sent me back to the job market.

I also was a bit sketched out by some of the clientele. It seemed liked we were defending some real nasty characters.

Advice to Management

Get rid of oDesk and give remote workers more flexibility. A more consistent training program (perhaps with a dedicated trainer) would help, too.