There are newer employer reviews for Reputation.com

Outsourcing Work - No Notice to US Contract Writers- Low End Way to Do Business

Current Contractor - Content Producer in Redwood City, CA
Current Contractor - Content Producer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Reputation.com as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Work was plentiful at times

Cons

Outsource work; one day the tasks were plentiful, the next day the work queue would be empty. This could happen at any time during the year (where the work was outsourced) with no notice, no emails, nothing from Sky Publishers/Reputation. Christmas 2013, the work queue for contractors was closed and the excuse that there was a bug in the system was told. This continues to happen in 2014. I wished I had read the negative reviews I now see for Sky Publishers/Reputation. I would have heeded the spot on advice to avoid this company.

reviews filtered by

Momentum, and the team is great

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time

Pros

The company has momentum on its enterprise side. The consumer business is growing, too, and it has been around a while. But the enterprise side is where a lot of the excitement is. Team getting better pretty much every few months. Company feels like it has momentum. People like working here. Team is cool. People are very nice.

Cons

Probably need a CTO; no top leadership right now in eng Could be expanding too fast with offices in Arizona, New York, maybe even India. Hopefully it works.

Get the CTO. Make sure the consumer team feels the focus and support it needs to succeed as much as the enterprise team does.

Amazing learning experience

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Reputation.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Engineering @ Reputation.com - great place to really get your hands dirty. Lots of unique problems are being tackled here with opportunities to kick start projects from scratch. As far as engineering is concerned this place is still a startup. Haven't yet reached "big data" scale but headed there.

Cons

Because engineering functions as a startup culture and process is still being defined. This can be a little jarring for someone who comes from a more formal background. And because most projects are being started from scratch there maybe some clash in opinions.

There are newer employer reviews for Reputation.com