There are newer employer reviews for ResCare

Huge Company with very stingy pocketbooks

Current Employee - Resident Director  in  Wichita, KS
Current Employee - Resident Director in Wichita, KS

I have been working at ResCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Growth potential, vertical transfers, large company

Cons

No Raises, Lots of expectations for the pay

230 Other Employee Reviews for ResCare (View Most Recent)

Salary is not enough to compensate for the stress

I have been working at ResCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Best reason to work here is that you really care for the people ResCare supports, adults with disabilities, the elderly, etc.

Cons

The downside is that this company is for profit, and as such has to put the need for profit ahead of what may be in the best interests of those they support. Do not expect to ever get a raise- even if you've worked direct care for ResCare for many years. They do not compensate competitively, you will be better off seeking a job with another company that provides the same type of service.

LISTEN to the experience and expertise of their managers and directors. In fact, involving them in the decision making process is one of the best ways to leverage their skills and abilities. Stop giving lip service to the ResCare way, if you don't actually intend to utilize what that mission statement lays out in regard to how employees are treated.

Building a good rep

Former Employee - Direct Care  in  Portsmouth, OH
    Former Employee - Direct Care in Portsmouth, OH

I worked at ResCare part-time for less than a year

Pros

I was a litte doutful of this place when I started working here. But it turned out to be pretty cool. I loved the managerrs that were there and they were always there to help. I just worked inside peoples homes and helped them with daily erruns. I guess there is a bunch of different Rescares this one is based in Gallipollis, OH. They reimbersed for driving and the work was really easy.

Cons

Sometimes the hours can be a lot, but if your lookin for a good paycheck, this a great place to be.

Keep workin on building the company in the area. If I didn't have to move, I would be ther for life.

There are newer employer reviews for ResCare

Worked for ResCare? Contribute to the Community!