My experience at ResCare Was Exciting, I learn a lot

Former Employee - Maintenance  in  Jamaica, NY
Former Employee - Maintenance in Jamaica, NY

I worked at ResCare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

My best time at ResCare id doing what I love that's cleaning maintain a building and environment

Cons

Working at ResCare a lot of gossiping goes on.

Upper Management is really helpful

Other Reviews for ResCare

Used to be great but went downhill quickly.

Current Employee - Direct Care  in  Jasper, IN
    Current Employee - Direct Care in Jasper, IN

I have been working at ResCare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Get to feel like you've made a difference in someone's life.

Cons

No raises. Only slightly higher than min. wage. Don't feel appreciated. Often get stuck at work for multiple shifts and upper mgmt doesn't care. Overly critical; never tell you what you do **right**. Time off has become almost nonexistent. Make promises of extra money on the hour to work at different sites but then don't deliver. Paychecks are often shorted and never corrected. Do not listen to employees when it comes to individuals' care even though we are the ones who see them the most. Always promising it will get better but it only gets worse. If I had it to do over again I never would have applied.

If it isn't broken don't try to fix it. There are huge problems and you're trying to micromanage. Don't think staff doesn't note disparate treatment because we do. You have employees who work their tails off but you cater to others who do far less. Do you **want** us to quit? You should have started hiring people when we were only short a couple of people. Now we don't even have enough to cover every shift without working everyone to death. God forbid anything goes wrong. We're sunk.

Under Paid

Former Employee - Resident Director  in  Temple, TX
    Former Employee - Resident Director in Temple, TX

I worked at ResCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you enjoy working with elderly or special need this will be a good place to start.

Cons

Staff does entirely to much to be making minimum wage. Staff should be certified to administer medication. Over worked and very much so under paid.

Show staff that they are appreciated more. They start at low pay and don't receive increase but you offer insurance that minimum pay cant take care.

There are newer employer reviews for ResCare.

Worked for ResCare? Contribute to the Community!