There are newer employer reviews for ResCare

It has it's pros and cons

Former Employee - Personal Care Worker in Eau Claire, WI
Former Employee - Personal Care Worker in Eau Claire, WI

I worked at ResCare part-time (more than an year)

Pros

- most of the clients you get are pretty nice
- they're willing to work around your schedule if you are currently going to school
- they reimburse you for traveling (although they pay you by the amount of time it takes you to get there not by miles)
- gain some experience (if you want some basic experience for the future then this would be a good place to start)

Cons

- organization is kinda bad
- little pay compared to other companies
- even if you have a CNA certification they put you as a PCW (you get paid less even though you will most likely end up doing some CNA work)

Maybe it was just the one location that I worked at but it was not very well organized - so some improvements there would be beneficial. And increase the pay for the employees especially the CNAs and PCWs because they do a lot of work but get paid so little.

249 Other Employee Reviews for ResCare (View Most Recent)

AmAzing Company!! Amazing People!!

Current Employee - Lead Career Services Consultant in Lompoc, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Career Services Consultant in Lompoc, CA

I have been working at ResCare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The Project I worked for was very well run by the Management Team. Great structure, philosophy, and working environment. Everyone feels like a large family.

Cons

Little room for growth as our project is some distance away from other projects. Employees don't come and go very often which doesn't allow for much growth.

Keep up the great work that you are doing, we love the passion that you share for your employees and project.

Loved my co-workers in the nursing dept, loved taking care of the residents and getting to know them as individuals.

Former Employee - Lpn
    Former Employee - Lpn

I worked at ResCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Taking care of the clients, job flexibility in my department, amazingly caring supervisor, plenty of time for paperwork and loved that my department was a "family".

Cons

The only con was it just didn't pay enough at the time I worked there otherwise I had a great experience as a nurse.

Take care of the DSP's, they can make or break ya and they get put through the ringer sometimes. They are the first line of communication for a lot of clients and the majority of them deserve a raise.

There are newer employer reviews for ResCare