There are newer employer reviews for ResCare

It has it's pros and cons

Former Employee - Personal Care Worker  in  Eau Claire, WI
Former Employee - Personal Care Worker in Eau Claire, WI

I worked at ResCare part-time for more than a year

Pros

- most of the clients you get are pretty nice
- they're willing to work around your schedule if you are currently going to school
- they reimburse you for traveling (although they pay you by the amount of time it takes you to get there not by miles)
- gain some experience (if you want some basic experience for the future then this would be a good place to start)

Cons

- organization is kinda bad
- little pay compared to other companies
- even if you have a CNA certification they put you as a PCW (you get paid less even though you will most likely end up doing some CNA work)

Maybe it was just the one location that I worked at but it was not very well organized - so some improvements there would be beneficial. And increase the pay for the employees especially the CNAs and PCWs because they do a lot of work but get paid so little.

230 Other Employee Reviews for ResCare (View Most Recent)

AmAzing Company!! Amazing People!!

Current Employee - Lead Career Services Consultant  in  Lompoc, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Career Services Consultant in Lompoc, CA

I have been working at ResCare full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The Project I worked for was very well run by the Management Team. Great structure, philosophy, and working environment. Everyone feels like a large family.

Cons

Little room for growth as our project is some distance away from other projects. Employees don't come and go very often which doesn't allow for much growth.

Keep up the great work that you are doing, we love the passion that you share for your employees and project.

I only gave it one star because I could not give it a ZERO!

Current Employee - Direct Care Professional  in  Thibodaux, LA
    Current Employee - Direct Care Professional in Thibodaux, LA

I have been working at ResCare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Establishing relationships with the individuals.

Cons

There are absolutely NO chances in moving up, getting raises, or bounces. This is a company where your voice does NOT matter. Rules are set throughout the entire company, and not to fit the needs of each individual home. There are several things that truly need adjusting within this company. I would NOT recommend this to anyone! PAY SUCKS, holidays, and tons of long hours just to make ends meet.

tons of changes need to be made.

There are newer employer reviews for ResCare

Worked for ResCare? Contribute to the Community!