ResCare

www.rescare.com
  www.rescare.com
There are newer employer reviews for ResCare

Quite a shock to be terminated after only four weeks.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Louisville, KY
Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Louisville, KY

I worked at ResCare full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I loved working with the Residents and many of the staff. I feel that I did learn quite a bit. I felt that ResCare was a far more prestigious operation but was disappointed.

Cons

As the title says, I was terminated after only 4 weeks. There was a lot of miscommunication as to who would be mentoring me. There was also a general feeling of not being welcome or needed at this facility. I spent much of my time trying to find someone to give me adequate information. I never expected anyone to hold my hand, but a little guidance would have been appreciated. When I was assigned, my mentor/preceptor was late for work every single day I was with her. There were others who were late as well. This was overlooked. I saw a lot of company policies and personal boundaries being crossed on a routine basis, yet no one seemed to notice or care.

I was handed a litany of policy violations, yet not one single isolated incident was noted. There were no verbal or written warnings. There was nothing. If management decides to terminate someone, there should be an itemized list of specific complaints. As for the very vague information I was given, Human Resources should be held more accountable. As it was, I was actually relieved that I would not have to work at this facility any longer.

257 Other Employee Reviews for ResCare (View Most Recent)

Started out great and went down hill fast!

Current Employee - Case Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at ResCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Starting pay was good. I could make the job what I wanted.

Cons

There was no training for the W2 system. Management was not available except to favorite employees. Performance goals were generic and not applicable to the position. Raises were low, and was told in 2013 that due to new contract with the state of Wisconsin would not receive raise. Yet performance in 2012 was outstanding and assisted company in being awarded new contract with state. Management was very poor and believe all the gossip. There were 'witch hunts" on certain employee. There was sexual harassment by management. Position was not professional had to punch a time clock. Management would not approve overtime and request employee to change time sheets. Had to use vacation time when the building was closed for holidays and snow days. Management was paid for these dates.

Management needs to be replaced. Stop the favoritism.
    Check employee's who state they have a college degree and are in upper management.

A learning experience.

Current Employee - Licensed Vocational Nurse in San Leandro, CA
    Current Employee - Licensed Vocational Nurse in San Leandro, CA

I have been working at ResCare part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good work experience. Great co-workers.

Cons

Lack of training and support. They are phobic about anyone getting OVERTIME!!!! The pay rate is a joke. Now they are telling us that we won't be getting holiday pay. They give you a crazy schedule. Their approach to problem solving is to find a scapegoat.

Maybe if you would pay people decently and show your employees some respect, the turn over wouldn't be so high.

There are newer employer reviews for ResCare