ResCare

www.rescare.com

RN-, Community Alternatives NC

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsPros- As a RN working for the company there was room for flexibility and independence. I was assigned to roughly 6 or 7 group homes at any given time and had the freedom to decide how I managed my time. Management was usually ok with giving time off.

ConsThe comapny was overall very unprofessional. First of all, my manager was in a completely different department than I was, which meant that she had no idea of what I was supposed to be doing. She culd not be a resource or of any assistance to me regarding my job responsibilities. I floated around and eventually figured out what I was supposed to be doing after about 6 months on my own. Management was very snobbish and clickish. The comapany does not appear to have genuine concern for it's clients or staff. I feel that they just needed an RN on paper to fulfill the federal / state requirements.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a Nurse Manager to be a support and guide for the Nurses. Compensate staff for being on-call over the weekends. Most improtantly, leave the office sometime to see what is going on first hand in these group homes. You have some really great support staff and Nurses that work for your company but are very rarely recognized.

ResCare

Rehabilitation Educator (Current Employee) San Marcos, TX

I have been working at ResCare

Pros: free food, flexible hours, overtime, benefits Cons: no opportunities for advancement too structured few sick days poor compensation Advice to Senior Management: Pay employees what they deserve to be paid Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Community Alt

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

I worked at ResCare

Pros: The flexiblity of the company. Cons: Management not fair with decision making. Advice to Senior Management: Work more with employees. More
There are newer reviews on ResCare.

Worked for ResCare? Contribute to the Community!