ok

Current Employee - Certified Caretaker in Janesville, WI
Current Employee - Certified Caretaker in Janesville, WI

Pros

Flexible hours for going to school.

Cons

No raises in three years. Downsize office people without let people know. The only time you here from management is when you do something wrong or they want to see if you will pick up hours.

Advice to Management

Give raises!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The cost of gas is going up, but our pay hasn't.

Other Employee Reviews for ResCare

OK, here's the TRUTH about Res-Care

Former Employee - Employment Case Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Employment Case Manager in San Diego, CA

Pros

there's only 2 good reasons to work at Arbor/Res-Care 1. the nature of the work is satisfying - social services/helping people is a rewarding career. 2. the other employees are really down to earth and very easy to get along with.

Cons

oh god, where to begin... ok - the salary - terrible. the ECM position requires a BS/BA and the salary is $15/hour! wtf? the benefits are terrible - don't believe anything else you hear - so you might make about $800-$900 - the insurance was around $300 month - so about 20% or so of your income. the advancement opportunities are NOT there - several people left/leave because they are pissed that when they become eligible for new positions, management won't let them move to those positions - why? because of the next reason - the caseload is waaay to high - clients don't receive the best service even though the ECMs bust their hump every day, all day...which leads me to the schedule - its 8-5, monday thru friday. period. not until 430, no coming in early, no variations - just straight up 8-5, yes you MUST take an hour lunch. really? yes, really. no, you cant ask later to "just take a half hour b/c you have kids or a 2 hour commute - no, its 8-5. oh, and you WILL be required to phone log in and out, EVERY day. someone comes around DAILY and asks you what time you logged in. that NEVER gets annoying. lol dont even get me started on the fringe benefits, there are none, there is no "education incentive plan" like some companies, who help w/ school, no time off for 6 months (even though you do accrue time), NO GUARANTEED RAISES! not even after a year - they will try to do it, they said but no steps or automatic salary reviews and overtime is VERY rare....OH, I FORGOT- fellas, do you like to wear ties? me too. at Res-Care, however, you are required to wear tie EVERY SINGLE DAY, no a dress shirt and khakis wont do it - a NECK TIE, DAILY. period. actually a jacket IS required too, no one ever does that though, its really fun to watch the other staff (like Child Care Services) in the same building, wearing jeans on Friday while youre sweating in a suit and tie... ok, so heres the bottom line - the Head Personnel guy, I won't say his/her name, said to me (after I asked for a higher salary and asked about time off and benefits) "look, basically, this is a guaranteed job for as long as you want...in this economy, that is hard to find" that was the best thing he could say about working at Res-Care. ok, so you might be thinking Im a crazy disgruntled worker or I got fired or whatever but the truth is I left Res-Care willingly - for a better job with awesome benefits and a great salary and I like to wear ties - but only b/c its a choice!

Advice to Management

there are great workers at Res-Care, unfortunately, they are demoralized and overworked. stop the babysitting with the log-ins, give them raises, negotiate better benefits on their behalf, and for god sakes - let them wear JEANS ON FRIDAY!

Very stressful

Current Employee - QSA in Masontown, WV
    Current Employee - QSA in Masontown, WV

Pros

The consumers are the only reason,because working with them is very satisfiying,and rewarding.They become like your family!

Cons

Working with the powers that be,they seem not to really care about people,just paper and the bottom line MONEY!

Advice to Management

Start treating the people who go into your consumers homes,and really care and give these people the love care and respect they deserve better.Your QSA's are your lifelines be careful who you hire!When you do hire a caring giving person treat them and pay them better!!!