ResMed

www.resmed.com

Equal opportunity White Male Employer.

Wouldnt You Want to Know (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsEmployee benefits, physical work environment

ConsPoor advancement of women in management from within, women are almost never promoted into management positions or any form of broader responsibility. There is not a single woman area manager and above, although they are happy employing women in sales positions, simply because they outperform most men, and you have to be attractive.. better yet... be able to smoke cigars and drink.. lots.. to be accepted into the exclusive circles. ( oh they promote women into management in europe.. almost forgot all 3 of them)

It is noticed also that the good old boys club poke fun of women at work as well as in social functions, objectifying almost every one of them, openly... sexual banter is expected at every company function, at times with your significant other present... so be prepared to have ugly men use innuendos non stop for as long as you work there, including week long sales meetings where you will be . Most women have gotten used to that and it seems to be a well accepted fact. The yearly sales meetings are really a reality show after 6 pm..the woman at the bar still holding by 2 am will have a continuing career... almost guaranteed.

human Resources know... but they are useless...

It is a good old 50 year old boys club who promote from within their own, at times at the expense of good candidates who could be promoted and could perform much better.

If you are a woman hoping to have a progressing career and climbing the ranks in mid level management, your career will hit the brakes with this company. You will go nowhere, your best hope is a lateral move and that is it.

Also the company does not employ minorities unless it is for customer service, warehouse operations etc... with a few exceptions. The company also makes their political leanings very public and almost implying everyone should vote republican....

Advice to Senior Management- Women are really your best asset in that company.
- Philips-respironics will eclipse resmed in about 2 years flat.

Great company and great people.

Marketing Intern (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

I worked at ResMed as an intern for less than a year

Pros: I was working next to some great people. Cons: The different departments were a bit siloed. Advice to Senior Management: Very transparent. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Moving Fast, gotta keep moving!

Development Operations (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

I have been working at ResMed full-time for less than a year

Pros: GREAT benefits, great office and location, great team, great product offering. … Cons: There are so many moving parts that it may be a bit difficult to keep up! With the number of projects and… Advice to Senior Management: Figure out how to fill those open reqs! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on ResMed.

Worked for ResMed? Contribute to the Community!