There are newer employer reviews for Research Now

Great place to work, many opportunities

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Plano, TX
Current Employee - Project Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Research Now full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I've worked here many years and have been afforded opportunities that I never dreamed. All departments are managed professionally and offer training when needed. Senior leadership is solid and competent, a real "dream team" in my eyes.

Cons

There are some pitfalls with technology initiatives that prevent RN from really reaching its full potential. That said, 2014 should prove as a landmark year.

No advice

72 Other Employee Reviews for Research Now (View Most Recent)

24/7 Job With Little Recognition For It

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Research Now full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked here for several years in sales and for most of my time, really enjoyed the culture and co-workers. Most of the people here are friendly and supportive to help you grow in your career and I had several managers who went out of their way to help me succeed. Beer Fridays were always fun.

Cons

Very stressful when promoted to a client-facing position. They do not provide much sales training, so you have to do a lot of learning on your own through trial and error. You are expected to work evenings and weekends and you have absolutely no work-life balance. I left this job after health issues occurred from the stress of constantly having to answer client calls, even on holidays, and not being given the benefit of the doubt when any problems arose. The mentality that people are expected to neglect their children and significant others to take care of the client is rampant here and leads to burnout and a high turnover rate. Also, a lot of favoritism and politics are at play - my last VP would fawn over some of his subordinates and then completely ignore or talk down to others.

Instead of expecting ADM's to work every weekend/evening on top of normal hours, you may think about setting up boundaries with clients to give some semblance of work-life balance. The company felt very cliquish and some managers displayed a lot of favoritism towards certain employees while making others feel like "outsiders" if they weren't part of that group. I would better promote a culture of management helping and supporting others.

Project Manager

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at Research Now full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training and peer support

Cons

Steep learning curve on the software programs

None, after the quarterly meeting, I think they are headed in the right direction.

There are newer employer reviews for Research Now

Worked for Research Now? Contribute to the Community!