There are newer employer reviews for Reserve National Insurance

Lots of turnover of agents

Current Employee - Agent
Current Employee - Agent

I have been working at Reserve National Insurance

Pros

Great Commissions.
Leads are free.
Freedom to work your own hours.
Flexibility

Cons

Training is not very good at all.
A lot of driving and traveling.
Lack of support of regional and district managers to help you get started.

You need to recruit only people who have the work ethic and backgound to succeed in the insurance business. Provide more in depth training on products and how to sell them.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great Insurance Products, Great Leads, Good Commissions.

Current Employee - Field Development Specialist
    Current Employee - Field Development Specialist

I have been working at Reserve National Insurance

Pros

I have been an agent with Reserve National now for over 3 years. I love the fact that with my manager I have 0 micromanaging. I work my own hours and produce when I want. Since I produce well, the leads just coming, and the huge amount of initial mailings they give you to get started for up to 6 months should get anyone who is working what they need to keep getting leads. The amount of agents that have been with the company for over 10 years is incredible. I was recently promoted to FDS. I have worked for only 2 companies at this point, and the one I would give 1 star.. I am thinking 5 here because I have agents working with me who used to be with different companies as well and they can't believe the opportunity. Warm Leads for free. good commissions, helpful people and a company with integrity are the Pros. Immediate residuals and vesting after 1 year. They have at least 2 products that I can sell to anyone.

Cons

They pay based on what you collect, which means you need to learn how to collect annual checks. Luckily they give discounts to the clients to make that easier, but it does take some training.

Consider a slightly higher commission on non collected 1 year premiums.

2. Poor management structure and environment, but with excellent products and commission scales.

Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales Agent

I worked at Reserve National Insurance full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great commissions on their products. Products are strong policies comparative to other firms' products. Freedom to set your own pace/schedule. Leads are provided by the company based on your percentage of the office's total production. Great people to work with overall.

Cons

Regional offices have in/out groups, and if you're not in, you don't get leads. More specifically, management will tell you if you're not producing, you don't get leads. This is problematic because if you don't get leads, it's incredibly hard to produce, and once you reach this point, you're put in the "out" group and the only support you'll receive is offhanded remarks like, "make more phone calls" with the 3-5 year old leads they give out in substitution for newer leads. They give these newer leads to the top performers. This creates a very wide gap between the successful and not-so-successful agents.

--Adhere to the company policy of giving out newly-received leads based on a percentage of production. If an agent produces 10% of the office production, he should get that percentage in new leads.
    --Stop insulting their intelligence by giving them prior respondents and labeling them "new leads", because if they're doing their job and calling them, they'll find out that they're not new anyway.
    --Be more supportive (and less cynical) of your agents that are honestly trying, but failing. Treat it like a business, not an MLM scheme with a "what is this person doing for me" mentality.
    --Create a more exciting atmosphere at weekly sales meetings. Simply meeting and going over the numbers produced, and asking agents what they're going to do the next week isn't motivational or helpful. Set up training for different policies at different meetings, in order to ensure no one is misrepresenting the policies. Call in local professionals that teach non-RN related skills that would assist with being a successful agent, such as organizational skills, time management, etc.

There are newer employer reviews for Reserve National Insurance