Residential Finance

Best Place To Work Transitioning From Self Employment

Current Employee - Loan Assistant  in  Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Loan Assistant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Residential Finance

Pros

It's a work hard, play hard atmosphere.
Rewards for solid performance are great!
It's very laid back, you create your own destiny with the support of everyone around you.
It feels like a family, not an office environment.
Management are VERY knowledgeable and very eager to help.

Cons

The only con I feel is the lack of organized training for new Loan Officers. Many LO's today were in the field for years prior to the NMLS Exam Licensing and thus, already had a foundation of experience and knowledge with which to take the exams. Until recently, limitations on the exams were much lower and it was much easier to take the exams every week as opposed to now, which is every 30 days. I was the first hire at my office that was new to the industry as a whole who had to basically teach myself how to study, what to study etc, in order to pass a very difficult set of exams. I have been given whatever I've asked for at no cost to myself to help my efforts, but I've failed the test twice after being instructed to study with practice tests, which didnt work. Through my efforts I've learned what and how to study for the NMLS exams and plan to spread this knowledge to others within the company to better help RFC effectively train new LO's in the future and decrease the companies fail rates. The fact is, I love RFC enough to care to help in this way.

RFC needs an organized NMLS Training program to ensure the passing of new LO's who are just entering this field from elsewhere. With strict passing requirements and how much more difficult it is to pass the test today as opposed to before, there needs to be a program in place teaching new comers what to study, how to study and what to expect aside from random practice tests or a video presentation. Aside from this one key issue where I've found myself struggling, RFC has been an amazing company with nothing but promise and potential for myself and my family.

81 Other Employee Reviews for Residential Finance (View Most Recent)

"The Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Director of Talent Acquisition  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Director of Talent Acquisition in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Residential Finance

Pros

Residential Finance Corporation is a fantastic company that understands the value of its employees. They have phenomenal sales training, earned advancement in your career path, & a competitive compensation plan. Leadership is always there to provide you support as needed. The sales resources are virtually unlimited and the peers in this office are always supportive.

*Great culture
    *Great people
    *Plenty of additional learning opportunities
    *Most people are passionate about success
    *Constant change makes it exciting

Cons

We are experiencing high rapid growth and move really fast. At times, we lose key communication within departments.

Offer leadership training and development. Early leadership training is needed for anyone becoming a Manager and to continue to develop your current leaders.

Breath of Fresh Air in the Mortgage Industry

Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Residential Finance

Pros

As with all sales positions this company is what you make out of it. The leads are in abundance, whether it is a mailer that clients call in on or transferred calls that our customer service representatives transfer to us you can stay as busy as you want. The marketing department does an effective job of keeping the leads coming and keeping us ahead of the market. In all of the years I have been in the business I have never seen a company that has created each division to complement its sales staff. Another added advantage of this company is the training that they make every loan officer go thru before getting on the phones. This company makes sure that before you transact on a loan you are armed with every tool necessary to succeed.

Cons

One area of growth that we have to address as a company is to be open to guidance and constructive criticism and be able to grow. There have been times that issues come up on files and we become tunnel vision with regards to our tasks and not cognoscente of the bigger picture.

The only advice that I can offer is stay the course. With visionaries like Mike Isaacs and Barry Habib on this team we have the ability to create success not only outside of these walls but also within.

There are newer employer reviews for Residential Finance

Worked for Residential Finance? Contribute to the Community!