Residential Finance

Best Place To Work Transitioning From Self Employment

Current Employee - Loan Assistant in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Loan Assistant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Residential Finance

Pros

It's a work hard, play hard atmosphere.
Rewards for solid performance are great!
It's very laid back, you create your own destiny with the support of everyone around you.
It feels like a family, not an office environment.
Management are VERY knowledgeable and very eager to help.

Cons

The only con I feel is the lack of organized training for new Loan Officers. Many LO's today were in the field for years prior to the NMLS Exam Licensing and thus, already had a foundation of experience and knowledge with which to take the exams. Until recently, limitations on the exams were much lower and it was much easier to take the exams every week as opposed to now, which is every 30 days. I was the first hire at my office that was new to the industry as a whole who had to basically teach myself how to study, what to study etc, in order to pass a very difficult set of exams. I have been given whatever I've asked for at no cost to myself to help my efforts, but I've failed the test twice after being instructed to study with practice tests, which didnt work. Through my efforts I've learned what and how to study for the NMLS exams and plan to spread this knowledge to others within the company to better help RFC effectively train new LO's in the future and decrease the companies fail rates. The fact is, I love RFC enough to care to help in this way.

RFC needs an organized NMLS Training program to ensure the passing of new LO's who are just entering this field from elsewhere. With strict passing requirements and how much more difficult it is to pass the test today as opposed to before, there needs to be a program in place teaching new comers what to study, how to study and what to expect aside from random practice tests or a video presentation. Aside from this one key issue where I've found myself struggling, RFC has been an amazing company with nothing but promise and potential for myself and my family.

82 Other Employee Reviews for Residential Finance (View Most Recent)

"The Best Place to Work"

Current Employee - Director of Talent Acquisition in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Director of Talent Acquisition in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Residential Finance

Pros

Residential Finance Corporation is a fantastic company that understands the value of its employees. They have phenomenal sales training, earned advancement in your career path, & a competitive compensation plan. Leadership is always there to provide you support as needed. The sales resources are virtually unlimited and the peers in this office are always supportive.

*Great culture
    *Great people
    *Plenty of additional learning opportunities
    *Most people are passionate about success
    *Constant change makes it exciting

Cons

We are experiencing high rapid growth and move really fast. At times, we lose key communication within departments.

Offer leadership training and development. Early leadership training is needed for anyone becoming a Manager and to continue to develop your current leaders.

Residential Finance is a high paying employer with a great atmosphere.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Residential Finance

Pros

Compensation is much higher than similar positions in the same line of work; the opportunity for advancement is great; overall there is a very positive atmosphere; Senior Leadership is very concerned with growth and diversification; great communication between management and employees.

Cons

Sales positions are 100% commission.

There are newer employer reviews for Residential Finance