Residential Finance

www.residentialfinance.com

Put simply, Residential Finance Corporation is an amazing place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer  in  Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Columbus, OH

Pros

First of all, I enjoy this job because I help people. I recently helped an 89 year old woman with a refinance and saved her hundreds of dollars per month. She is now able to improve her quality of living ten fold. It is very fulfilling when you have a customer tell you that you are more than welcome to stop by her 90th birthday party if you are in the area.
Secondly, the commission pay scale for loan officers at Residential Finance Corporation is unmatched. I have worked for a number of other companies, including some large banks, and I make much more at RFC. It requires a lot of long hours and hard work, but there is good money to be made here.
Thirdly, the people I work with are amazing. Everyone is not only competent in their profession but a pleasure to work with.
Finally, my boss is awesome--and I'm not just saying this. Not only is he one of the most knowledgeable people in the industry, but he is understanding and supportive in his managerial role. He is probably the busiest individual in the company but he always makes time to help me get something done when I need it.
To sum it all up, I would say this. For the first time in my life I actually enjoy coming to work because I help people, I make good money, and I am treated well by everyone I work with.

Cons

It is a commission pay scale. If you don't work hard day in and day out you will not make money.
You have to pay for parking--about 60 dollars a month.
It is stressful. You will deal with difficult situations every day. If you are a person who responds in a negative way to stress, this is not the place for you.

Other reviews for Residential Finance

By far the best company I have worked for in my professional career

Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Tampa, FL

Pros

The office is a fun, energetic, exciting place to come to work every day. Upper management is very proactive in the ever changing mortgage world. It seems as if they are trying to stay a step ahead to ensure the company continues to grow and be successful. They are very open to ideas for improvement from all employees. The licensing and compliance departments take care of all our licensing issues which is a big weight off my back.

Cons

In the current mortgage world where program and guideline can change rapidly, communicating changes between departments throughout the company could be improved.

As much as we have grown, keeping the family atmosphere we have here is amazing. That combined with staying ahead of the curve to ensure future success makes RFC wonderful.

My experience has been extremely rewarding, satidfying, and exciting.

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Tampa, FL

Pros

Great friendly enviornment, open communication with all levels of management, great compnesation plans, top of th eline technolegsy and the company is sparing no expense at haveing the best leads and marketing tools avialable to us to be sure we can exceed our potential.

Cons

There has not been anything I can really say I am dis satisfied with but if I had to choose I would say the traffic I face on my drive in, and as we continue to grow it does not seem like we can hire enough people fast enough to handle the amount of volume we have been generated. On that note I have seen this change in the last few weeks as our processing and underwriting departments have been beefed up substantially. Back to 24 hr turn times!

Best advice I have to leadership is to keep it up, keep hiring and keep growing!

There are newer employer reviews for Residential Finance.

Worked for Residential Finance? Contribute to the Community!