There are newer employer reviews for Residential Finance

What I have experienced as a SR Mortgage Loan Officer- working for the Internet Division

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Tampa, FL
Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Residential Finance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Residential Finance Corp. is a fast growing/award winning company that offers much opportunity for motivated & enthusiastic employees. I believe what sets this company apart from others is the high level of professionalism demonstrated in every aspect of the company. Both employees and management exude friendly and helpful attitudes towards one another which helps Loan Officers to provide outstanding mortgage experiences to our customers (as evidenced by the high number of positive reponses received on Customer Satisfaction Surveys. I love the many ongoing education opportunies that are provided to us (for free!). Education is a must in the constantly changing mortgage industry.

Cons

Rapid growth always results in growing pains (i.e. slower processing & underwriting time, etc.) and we have had our share lately, however, I am impressed with the speed & efficiency in which managements responds to our needs ( i.e. immediately hiring more support staff, etc.)

Advice to Management

Positive work environments keep employee enthusiasm levels high. Sales people are most effective when they are happy & enthusiastic. The sales rallys, special training programs , and high level of communication you provide help keep us motivated & enthusiastic.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A great place with great people.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Residential Finance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Residential Finance Corporation has a great atmosphere. There is a professional work environment but it's not up-tight in any way. If I ever need anything or have a question, people will often drop what they are doing to help. It's a very proactive company which makes working here exciting and interesting.

Cons

The hours can be unpredictable at times due to the workload and paying to park is a pain.

Put simply, Residential Finance Corporation is an amazing place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Loan Officer in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Residential Finance

Pros

First of all, I enjoy this job because I help people. I recently helped an 89 year old woman with a refinance and saved her hundreds of dollars per month. She is now able to improve her quality of living ten fold. It is very fulfilling when you have a customer tell you that you are more than welcome to stop by her 90th birthday party if you are in the area. Secondly, the commission pay scale for loan officers at Residential Finance Corporation is unmatched. I have worked for a number of other companies, including some large banks, and I make much more at RFC. It requires a lot of long hours and hard work, but there is good money to be made here. Thirdly, the people I work with are amazing. Everyone is not only competent in their profession but a pleasure to work with. Finally, my boss is awesome--and I'm not just saying this. Not only is he one of the most knowledgeable people in the industry, but he is understanding and supportive in his managerial role. He is probably the busiest individual in the company but he always makes time to help me get something done when I need it. To sum it all up, I would say this. For the first time in my life I actually enjoy coming to work because I help people, I make good money, and I am treated well by everyone I work with.

Cons

It is a commission pay scale. If you don't work hard day in and day out you will not make money. You have to pay for parking--about 60 dollars a month. It is stressful. You will deal with difficult situations every day. If you are a person who responds in a negative way to stress, this is not the place for you.