Resource Data Inc

www.resdat.com
  www.resdat.com
There are newer employer reviews for Resource Data Inc

A fair and honest employer

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Resource Data Inc

Pros

People get treated well, and the opportunities vary by what you want to do. The project work is generally interesting, and there is an effort to get people matched to projects that they are interested in that advance their career.

Cons

There is always room for improvement in communications. Sometimes the vision and direction could be more clearly communicated, and there is still room for improvement when teaming between offices so that the cultures are better aligned.

While it is nice that the offices have some independence, the way projects are done should be better aligned between the offices.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Resource Data Inc (View Most Recent)

I <3 RDI!

Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst in Anchorage, AK

I worked at Resource Data Inc

Pros

RDI was absolutely the best place I have ever worked. Endless opportunities for personal growth within the company, flexible hours (including the ability to telecommute on occasion if necessary), decent benefits, and very competitive salary (with annual raises based on performance - and if you do well, these raises can be very generous!). RDI really encourages collaboration, not competition, and due to their very high hiring standards, almost everybody you work with is knowledgeable, smart, and willing to do their part (the few bad seeds that make it through the hiring process are weeded out pretty quickly).

Cons

I don't know if this is necessarily a downside, but you *are* expected to be smart, learn fast, and work hard. This doesn't mean you will be fired if you slack off one day, or even if your project fails to meet its deadline or be under budget, but RDI depends on contracts and therefore, depends upon its employees to be both very intelligent and to consistently do their best. If you want a cushy job where you don't have work very hard, then this is not the job for you. (This also, I have heard, makes it hard to even get through the door.)

I don't really have any advice for management, since their decisions always seemed fair to me. I always got the feeling that management really did care about their employees, and that was what was most important to me.

Good

Current Employee - Senior Programmer/Analyst in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer/Analyst in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at Resource Data Inc

Pros

Overall great place to work in Anchorage. Good people, interesting work.

Cons

There are 3 different offices in Anchorage and lots of offsite work so it doesn't necessarily feel like a typical office environment... that's good and bad.

Upgrade office space

Resource Data Inc Response

Sep 5, 2013Director, HR

In August 2013 RDI Anchorage (and Corporate) moved to a great new midtown location. The 3 offices were consolidated into one and overall the space is upgraded. If you're in Anchorage, come by and ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Resource Data Inc