Resources For Human Development

www.rhd.org

Very political organization

Budget Analyst (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGenerous time off, casual atmosphere, reasonable salary, opportunity for continuing education and enrichment. Employees genuinely care about clients and mission.

ConsManagement does not follow written policies. They make a big deal about "values", but don't follow them. Management is very self-congratulatory, plays favorites, and has little clue about what's going on in the programs or with lower-level, front-line employees. Board is not involved at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to the policies you've written. Network to see how other NPOs do their work and run their organizations. Listen to your employees. Treat everyone equally.

A company with growing pains

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Resources For Human Development full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: RHD has some of the most passionate professionals I've ever seen work at ANY company. They love helping others, and few are just here for… Cons: When you look at management, you're instantly reminded of corporate America...no diversity either in age or race. One of the senior managers is black and… Advice to Senior Management: Put all your senior managers in a room, and look around. No leaders under 50. No black men. No Hispanics. You have these leaders in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Mismanagement and Poor Planning

Instructor (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Resources For Human Development part-time for less than a year

Pros: Great atmosphere. Good place to get your feet wet if… Cons: Unstable working environment and severe mismanagement. Lack of tentative education plans and curriculum development for teaching artists. Unstructured in house training. Lack of direct care staff… Advice to Senior Management: Have a model education plan in place when implementing an art based program that includes a wide array of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Resources For Human Development.

Worked for Resources For Human Development? Contribute to the Community!