Resources For Human Development

www.rhd.org
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Resources For Human Development

A good place to grow and refine your skills while making some lasting friendships in the process.

Former Employee - Chief Technology Officer in Philadelphia, PA
Former Employee - Chief Technology Officer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Resources For Human Development full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I spent 4 years at RHD and saw a lot of change. Some good, some bad, some amazing - but I think that's most companies. Having been gone for a little over a month now, I REALLY miss most of the folks I worked with while there, and still keep in touch with many which I think is a testament to the culture at RHD. In my experience the environment makes it pretty easy to develop friendships and camaraderie that can be difficult at other organizations where I've worked. I was so anti-open environment when I came and now I find it hard to work in a traditional environment and am glad my current company is changing to one!

I think most jobs are what you make of them. I build a very strong team that is cohesive, agile, smart, and innovative - focused on how IT can enable the business to serve its consumers better, faster, with greater ease. I am very proud of the accomplishments we made there, and I do think that the relatively hands-off methodology others seem to see as detrimental, was instrumental in RHD's IT department becoming world-class (my biased opinion, of course).

Cons

I do think management should be more willing to receive and accept feedback. I had the opportunity to be on the corporate council where I think that was beginning to happen more and I hope it continues. In my opinion, the business could learn a lesson or two in "economies of scale". Growing strategically is always better than expanding for the sake of saying you grew.

Advice to Management

You have smart folks around you. Trust their expertise. Trust their judgement, and you'll be fine. The company now has a CEO that's easy to get behind. I personally feel IT, HR, and Legal should have a seat at the executive management table; while you leverage the existing senior management structure for clinical management.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Amazing company

Former Employee - Anonymous in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Resources For Human Development part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very people friendly and socially forward.

Cons

I can't think of any

Advice to Management

2. Good experience, no upward movement

I worked at Resources For Human Development

Pros

Great co-workers, a lot of time off, pleasant environment to work in

Cons

Management overworked, which trickles down to the case managers. No possible upward mobility without a masters degree.