There are newer employer reviews for Responsys

Excellent work environment for motivated individuals!

I have been working at Responsys full-time

Pros

Upon joining the Responsys team, I made a few immediate observations: everyone here is bright, everyone is driven, and everyone is a team player. That being said, my onboarding process at Responsys was quite positive, as I felt I had a tremendous amount of support in getting fully ramped up. After speaking with nearly every individual on the sales floor, I felt I had an endless amount of resources at my fingertips. There is a sense of pride and accomplishment that my colleagues carry that consistently inspires me to work hard and achieve results. I feel the pressure to do well here, but the right amount of pressure can be a good thing- and this type is the empowering kind, because ultimately, everyone is here to be successful and achieve a common goal.

Cons

At times I feel bad for utilizing my lunch break, because it seems people often eat at their desk and rarely take a break to get fresh air outside. The office also feels a bit like a dungeon, as it is on the dark side and has a full cubicle layout.

Advice to Management

During the onboarding process, a ton of material is thrown at the new hire. Meeting with every individual during the first week takes away from some of the valuable resources/tools provided, so spreading these meetings out over a two week window would be more manageable. A review of the most important prospecting tools post first and second week training would be valuable.

Other Employee Reviews for Responsys

Smart people, but not such smart comp plans

Former Employee - Strategic Consultant
    Former Employee - Strategic Consultant

I worked at Responsys full-time

Pros

There are a lot of talented people - hard working & motivated.

Cons

They are stingy on comp, stock and there is no bonus plan for regular employees (outside of sales)

Advice to Management

Invest in your people. Don't think like an ad agency, think like a consulting firm.

Great place for a bit but lack of career growth possibility

I worked at Responsys full-time

Pros

Good market space Growing Some good people

Cons

Like most growing companies upper management does not know how to properly manage people. Very project oriented. Hard to think beyond the next few months. Lack of career growth. Stock rewards only a very few.

Advice to Management

Grow an R&D organization. Be agressive in new markets Be aggressive in product development