3 years in, this is still the best employment experience of my life

Current Employee - Sales  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are incredibly bright and enjoyable. This starts at the executive level, and is pervasive throughout the whole company. The quality of the people, which has always been great, continues to improve. Clients see a meaningful difference in the power of Responsys' relationship marketing capabilities, and pay a premium for those strengths.

The outlook for Responsys is excellent. The company is grabbing market share away from antiquated competitors in its core email marketing business, and is leveraging its strength in customer data management to apply its strength in targeting and personalization to emerging channels like display, mobile and social.

The company prefers to promote from within, so once you're onboard, the sky is the limit when it comes to career advancement.

Cons

Nothing significant comes to mind.

Accelerate investment in emerging channels. Maintain the culture and high standards for hiring.

Other Reviews for Responsys

Great internship

Current Employee - Business Development Intern  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great people, lots of opportunities, easy to learn about whatever you want. The people are so helpful and genuinely want you to succeed here, and they will do whatever they can to get you where you need to go. Great location, stocked snack room, and occassional work events. I had a lot to talk about when interviewing for my next job, and they definitely have opportunities within the company with a high growth rate. The only reason I didn't stay was because the new job I found was much closer to home and I wouldn't have to take the train to the city everyday. The history of interns here is pretty incredible, most coming from top schools and either staying at the company or going to large organizations like Twitter.

Cons

My only con was the commute from the south bay, but everything else is great!

Fantastic people that will be your best friends if you want them to be

Current Employee - Professional Services  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Professional Services in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Location, location, location. You can't get better than the location for the S.F. office. Very young group with lots of energy. You work way over 40 hours per week but you can learn all about email marketing. Work from home is allowed.

Cons

Very limited opportunity for career growth. Use this place as stepping stone to advance your career. Work two years and move on. Do not expect a high paying wage for the kind of work you do.

You need to take care of your people. Every since the company went public you have forgotten to pay salary increases across the board. There are some employees here that have not gotten a pay raise or promotion in three years.

There are newer employer reviews for Responsys.

Worked for Responsys? Contribute to the Community!