There are newer employer reviews for Responsys

Working with brilliant and fun people. Senior management needs improvement

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Bruno, CA
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Bruno, CA

I have been working at Responsys full-time

Pros

- Very talented, responsible and self-motivated colleagues - Everyone's approachable and help each other out, so collaboration is easy - Learn very applicable technical skills - Don't spend too much time maintaining legacy code. New projects are interesting, exciting and make use of good technologies - Pay is okay, and work/life balance is very good. Generally normal work hours - People are generally social and fun to hang out with. Social events don't feel like forced obligations

Cons

- Senior management very slow to resolve problems for engineers. Engineering with subpar dev environment for 1+ yr - Management approach becoming less trustful of engineers just doing their jobs; more micromanagement - Benefits not as competitive and getting a bit worse, e.g. recently placed stricter conditions on mobile data plan reimbursement

Advice to Management

If you want to retain and attract talents, listen to your people and trust them to do their work well, and improve your compensation and benefits.

Other Employee Reviews for Responsys

Great company, best job/career I have had.

Current Employee - Senior Director, Customer Success in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Director, Customer Success in Denver, CO

I have been working at Responsys full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

People are great...in general A-players. Executive team is great...very little turn over in management staff (good thing). Mangement is very approachable...not a lot of focus on chains of command. Benefits are good as is compensation. As long as a person is working hard, doing the right things, getting their jobs done, a lot of autonomy and independence. Responsys is in hot space (marketing SaaS) and continues to be a leader with great product and great customer list. Responsys continues to grow/expand which creates a lot of opportunity.

Cons

Work life balance can be hard to achieve sometimes. Company is growing fast and sometimes systems/information management, etc. does not keep up. As a public company, a lot of focus on finance/legal process/guidelines. All necessary but creates some challenges sometimes. While the new ESPP program is great, stock options (retention, etc.) is lacking.

Advice to Management

Focus on keeping Responsys a fun place to work. Think about how to compensate/retain employees.

2. Amazing Internship with Great Opportunities

Current Intern - Sales Development Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Sales Development Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Responsys as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Responsys has a great culture. Everyone is outgoing and friendly. There are really smart people that are willing to take time to share their knowledge and answer questions. Everyone around me is looking out for me and leading me in a direction toward success. There is a strong sense of teamwork. The work we do as interns is valued and acknowledged, which is rewarding. I've had the opportunity to listen in on sales calls and meet with people from other departments to hear what they are doing. I'm only halfway through my internship and I've already learned a lot. The city is a fun place to work. I've really enjoyed my time so far at Responsys.

Cons

The commute is far, but worth it.