Responsys
www.responsys.com San Bruno, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Responsys is not perfect, but I've never worked anywhere that is.

Sales (Former Employee)
San Bruno, CA

ProsResponsys has built the most experienced and competent sales team in the email space. The team wants to win and they did. There is a compelling vision that management has laid out but to date they have been unable to execute against that vision. The email marketing space is growing very fast, and this provides opportunities for the people and the company to be very successful if they could execute their vision and keep their top people. I liked the people on my team and we worked hard together. The management team is pretty open to feedback and suggestions, and we used that fact to create a far more open culture at the company than was there previously.

ConsLack of emotional intelligence of the senior management team.
Senior sales management has a negative communication style in email particularly, that leaves members of the sales team wishing they would leave the people management to those on the sales management team who are effective at it.
Product management needs to get their act together. They have consistently under-delivered.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet your managers manage and think about the company as what it is, i.e. a collection of individuals with different needs and motivations, rather than as a "company" that somehow could succeed divorced from the people who comprise it.

Management by anything other than data is a waste of everyone's time. Use it to set reasonable expectations for your employees and your board, and realize that you are competing against every other interactive marketing company out there for talent. The talent has the upper hand in your space. Embrace it.

Responsys: Zapata or Facebook?

Anonymous Management (Former Employee)
    San Bruno, CA

I worked at Responsys

Pros: The pay is pretty good and the benefits were okay. For a while it looked like things were going in the right direction from a… Cons: The biggest problem has got to be communication. Management doesn't seem to think it's important to communicate to underlings, and worse, don't tend to give… Advice to Senior Management: Take a good long look at middle to upper management, replace… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Very good experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Responsys as an intern for more than a year

Pros: The managers are really helpful, encouraging you to do your best. The office environment is amazing; whenever it is someone's special event, the company will… Cons: It is a very high pressure job- the stress can… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Responsys.

Worked for Responsys? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Responsys reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Responsys CEO Dan Springer. All reviews posted anonymously by Responsys employees.