Watch Your Back

Former Employee - Master Service Technician in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Master Service Technician in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Restaurant Technologies full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

In the beginning it was a great company to work for, But everything changed once the founder left, and the company was being run by the current ceo.

Cons

As as service tech we worked Long irregular hours, 50-70 per week. Time off between shifts sometimes was only 5 hours. Our tools were inadequate to properly perform the job. The equipment installed was substandard. We were forced to be on call without being compensated for it. Management has no loyalty to the employees, local management is deceptive and mistreats employees and Upper Management and Corporate let it happen.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better, and do a better job of hiring your managers. I worked for you for 10 years and my record was impeccable. But I was fired because of blatant lies told by the new service manager. When I called corporate no one would take my call, and when I did finally get thru I was told there was nothing they can do.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

What have you done for me lately attitude

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies

Pros

They will have periodic bbq's and give small bonuses of $50 or so as rewards.

Cons

They will fire anyone from those low to those high in the company very arbitrarily with no loyalty or regard for the individual whatsoever. They have a very "what have you done for me lately" attitude and their promises and words mean little to nothing - get it in writing and watch your back. Upper management is cut throat.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees in which you invest so much time and money and establish realistic and achievable company goals.

If you care about representing a solution you can stand behind, RTI is the place to be.

Current Employee - NAS in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - NAS in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Restaurant Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Robust solutions for the food industry Amazing client base and room for growth Talented, engaged and smart teammates Access to Top Management Transparency and Accountability at all levels of the organization

Cons

A growing company will have growing pains- flexibility is critical to you doing well here Sometimes communication doesn't make it everywhere it needs to go the first time around, but it will eventually get there Matrix organization is interesting and can be a challenge to navigate if you have not been in one before

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on providing the support and tools to let us sales people grow the business. Keep generating ideas for improvement and implementing- it is great to see us moving and penetrating those key accounts!