Restaurant.com

www.restaurant.com
  www.restaurant.com
There are newer employer reviews for Restaurant.com

Best place to get burned out quickly

Current Employee - Account Manager in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
Current Employee - Account Manager in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I have been working at Restaurant.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The office is small and the sales floor has dim lighting. It can be quiet at times and the lighting can be soothing for the high demand and stress of the work. They have bagels on Wednesdays and fruit on Fridays. There is a basket of apples at the front counter every day.

Cons

But don't let this fool you. The pay scale is lower than the national average for the postion. If you break trend for anything longer then a bathroom break you are asked not to take any breaks at all. Every phone call, email, and follow up item are monitored and then criticized. The bonus package is paid out over six separate pay checks, or 3 months and turnover is huge.

The advice I have for you to pay closer attention to restaurant owners and their feedback.

62 Other Employee Reviews for Restaurant.com (View Most Recent)

Restaurant.com Hires Employees to Slash and Burn

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I have been working at Restaurant.com full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Young atmosphere, mostly college grads. HR has a "fun committee" that tries to host activities through out the week. Restaurant.com offers a great service to restaurant owners if you can get them to sign up or stay on the program. The office space is growing and clean compared to other call centers I've worked.

Cons

My department is a new department, yet they pretend they have been doing this forever but they're not fooling more seasoned sales professionals. Lots of immaturity, gossip and favoritism. Training was weak considering they were still testing out sales methodology, scripts and work flow. Management never around and didn't really have a clue. Felt like they were being told what to say to us.

Give sales reps a proper ramp up time to build pipelines, prospect and develop relationships with business owners before putting your employees on pip programs. Sales people don't sell well when job is on the line, especially when they are your guinea pig testing new pitches. Market better to restaurant owners to develop warm relationships and work on PR. Restaurant.com doesn't have a good reputation with restaurant owners.

Quick

Former Employee - Restaurant Consultant in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Restaurant Consultant in Tampa, FL

I worked at Restaurant.com

Pros

Make your own schedule
    Work life balance

Cons

the changed my territory three times before ever starting
    Reimbursement if numbers are made

Show a map of the territory BEFORE consultant is hired. I would have not accepted the job otherwise.

There are newer employer reviews for Restaurant.com