There are newer employer reviews for Restaurant.com

I got to work with best and the brightest

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I have been working at Restaurant.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very intelligent people work here both in IT and Marketing Everyone is driven to succeed Great work - life balance

Cons

Primary stakeholder is the primary decision maker for all initiatives One person makes most of the large decisions

Advice to Management

Company moral goes up and down like a yo-yo, try to get some consistency

Other Employee Reviews for Restaurant.com

1. Horrible experience.....Glad it's over!

Former Employee - Restaurant Consultant
    Former Employee - Restaurant Consultant

I worked at Restaurant.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun co-workers and got to meet alot of new people.

Cons

They micro-managed you to death, calling and texting constantly. They didn't care what type of restaurants you signed up just as long as you signed them. They tried to change their thinking too late in the game and get better restaurants, but it was too late. No decent places wanted to be associated with the dives already signed up. The program is not a good deal for restaurants as most want to cancel after a month. There was no way to make the kind of money they kept saying you would make. This company will be out of business before long. Don't waste your time with this company.

Advice to Management

Hang it up, you're business model is no good and you'll never fix it.

great while it lasted because its future is really uncertain

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Business Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Restaurant.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great business Model, Great benefits, Great bonuses until 2012 when the company laid off the sales force. Freedom to work on your own You used get support from the entire team. POsitive environment as long as you hit your numbers, lots of appreciation.

Cons

They laid off the entire sales force, New CEO changed the entire business mentality and Company started sinking. New CEO is a Doctor and Attorney and has no clue how to operate a marketing company. No base No benefits since July 2012 They make you learn and memorize a script like robots. No career opportunities, I joined the company because they offered me many opportunities to become a manager or a field trainer. I busted my rear and never gave me that option. Instead they laid off the entire sales force.

Advice to Management

Management was great, really cool people to work for, VP and Regional Managers always very supportive and motivating. Not much of micromanagement as long as you are responsible and achieve your goals. No advice because there is no management any longer, everyone has been laid off.