There are newer employer reviews for Restaurant.com

Almost all of the negative reviews are from Sales People who are no longer employed at Restaurant.com!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I have been working at Restaurant.com full-time

Pros

When I read the reviews posted, almost all of them are from people that no longer even work for Restaurant.com. They are giving an impression that is totally not true. The decision to do away with the outside sales force was one of the best economic decisions that was made last year for the company as a whole. The growth of the Inside Sales Force and IC programs, have more than made up and exceeded any sales numbers that were previously obtained.

Restaurant.com is a fun place to work where many employees have prospered and grown. A lot of employees are promoted from within. The pay is outstanding and well above average and the benefits are fantastic! Do you have to work hard and be dedicated, absolutely!

Cons

There are times when management does not listen to the ideas of the employees. There are times when the focus of the organization changes quickly. It is a very fast paced company and you have to be able to change with the organization.

Continue what you are doing, because Restaurant.com continues to grow and prosper!

61 Other Employee Reviews for Restaurant.com (View Most Recent)

Doing whatever it takes to make a dime at the customer and employees expense since 1999.

Former Employee - Restaurant Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Restaurant Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Restaurant.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free gift certificates, here and there.

Cons

commission structure is horrible and changes by the week.
    no work/life balance unless you want to rely on receiving government aid.
    promises not kept and goals unachievable. If you do reach any set goals by management an addendum to the employee compensation plan is conveniently emailed to informing you that you're a sucker.

Go to church.

great while it lasted because its future is really uncertain

Former Employee - Business Consultant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Business Consultant in Houston, TX

I worked at Restaurant.com full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great business Model, Great benefits, Great bonuses until 2012 when the company laid off the sales force.
    Freedom to work on your own
    You used get support from the entire team.
    POsitive environment as long as you hit your numbers, lots of appreciation.

Cons

They laid off the entire sales force,
    New CEO changed the entire business mentality and Company started sinking.
    New CEO is a Doctor and Attorney and has no clue how to operate a marketing company.
    No base No benefits since July 2012
    They make you learn and memorize a script like robots.
    No career opportunities, I joined the company because they offered me many opportunities to become a manager or a field trainer. I busted my rear and never gave me that option. Instead they laid off the entire sales force.

Management was great, really cool people to work for, VP and Regional Managers always very supportive and motivating.
    Not much of micromanagement as long as you are responsible and achieve your goals.
    No advice because there is no management any longer, everyone has been laid off.

There are newer employer reviews for Restaurant.com