Restaurants-America

restaurants-america.com

An absolute circus show with very little hope for improvement

Server (Former Employee)

Pros1)The corporation has motivation to try and rake in as much money as they possibly can.
2)Where I work, as a server, there is potential to make decent money IF, and only IF, you work on the busy weekend night shifts. (Usually between $100 to $200 per weekend night shift)

Cons1) In order to rake in more profit, not only do they rely on steady patron rate, but they cut corners in supplies, they have the tendency to pay employees for less hours than they've actually worked for the pay period (on numerous occasions I've dealt with this), and they use some of their employees as tax havens... as a way to have more taxes taken out from their employees and less taxes for them.
2) They refuse to allow many of their employees to take on full-time hours, and if you happen to exceed full-time on accident, you have to watch that they don't change the hours on your paycheck.
3) They hire extremely incompetent management members. It seems that their screening for appropriate management members, if they even do, is faulty. Many of the management lacks professionalism in dealing with employees and even customers. They have even hired people who had just been fired from previous jobs for serious offenses. I'm not entirely sure how that is allowed to happen, but it does.
4) It even goes beyond management for a given restaurant. Corporate leaders and overseers also share the common quality of lack of professionalism. Any concerns or care for employees and their morale is minimal. This makes the waters extremely muddy when trying to deal with employee issues.
5) There is an extremely high turnover rate of employees in all positions, including management. Lack of professionalism on the part of many of the managers has contributed to this, unfortunately.
6) Frequent dress code changes at the whim of the owners: This wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing except that every time they do that, employees are forced to put more money out of their pockets in order to meet the requirements... otherwise they lose their job.
7) No employee benefits at all. Although it is assumed most restaurants won't give you benefits, I still will list this as a con to working with this particular corporation. I know they can afford to assist in little ways for their employees, but they choose not to.
8) Lends itself to becoming a hostile work environment, which it became. That is why it is important that they take the time out to find management members with a sense of strong professionalism, objectivity... and dare I say a standard of morals (?)

Advice to Senior ManagementI would highly suggest and highly recommend that you concern yourselves much more with cultivating a great sense of morale in your employees. Allowing for a toxic and hostile work environment to develop can be comparable to cancer, once it spreads it becomes very difficult to eradicate. The only way to ensure that this happens is to seek out and hire competent and professional individuals for your corporate leadership and management positions. Please take seriously the concerns of any of your staff! They are human beings just like you, don't forget that.

DONT EAT THERE AND DEFINITELY DON'T WORK THERE

Server (Former Employee) Sherman Oaks, CA

I worked at Restaurants-America

Pros: money is average but that's it, I can't think of too… Cons: everything, bad management, bad owners, no growth, struggling company, didn't… Advice to Senior Management: File for bankruptcy No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Restaurants-America is committed to growth... whether or not they have the institutional talent to do so or not.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

I worked at Restaurants-America

Pros: Growth and expansion at all costs Cons: Same as above, stretched good people too thin, poor hiring… Advice to Senior Management: Appreciate the talent you have, don't overestimate your ability to… More
There are newer reviews on Restaurants-America.

Worked for Restaurants-America? Contribute to the Community!