Restoration Hardware

Typical Call Center Job

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tracy, CA
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tracy, CA

I worked at Restoration Hardware

Pros

Good pay for the area. Good benefits. 40% employee discount on Restoration Hardware merchandise. Convenient location for those who live in the central valley.

Cons

Outdated computer programs. I have no idea how some of the people running this place became managers. There is a high turnaround rate which leads to under staffing.

I've seen some favoritism occur when promotions were involved and this of course leads to inefficient management. Pay more attention to who is actually doing the work.

210 Other Employee Reviews for Restoration Hardware (View Most Recent)

Don't waste your time

Current Employee - CSA in Tracy, CA
    Current Employee - CSA in Tracy, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware

Pros

Working in the Tracy call center is a very easy job. Getting hired on takes little effort.

Cons

Work is so easy it's boring. They're completely overstaffed but insist they're short hundreds of hours. I sit and space out on a wall for the better part of my shift. We've all come to the conclusion that they scared all the old employees out so that they could hire new people at lower wages before they go public. On that note- the pay is terrible. You could make more money, have more fun and feel like a productive member of society flipping burgers. They appear to promote those who have attendance and performance issues. If you're thinking this will be a foot in the door to put use your degree, think again. Those had working well educated individuals will not go far here. They do not conduct a background check, contact reference or drug test employees. This is evident when you look around the employees -the low moral, lack of intelligence and non-existant dress code speaks for itself. Out of date software, low performing co-workers, ancient policies and an "us vs. them" tolerated attitude from the stores creates a barely tolerable place to work. Most everyone working here is actively looking for another job.

If you required more in an employee, you could hire 50 productive people instead of 250 idiots.

Contridictory, hypocritical, and biased inappropriate questions and daily focuses

Current Employee - Leader in Short Hills, NJ
    Current Employee - Leader in Short Hills, NJ

I have been working at Restoration Hardware

Pros

The product LOOKS great.
    The associates for the most part care.
    The associates care about the company and customer.

Cons

Higher leadership (ie: reginal and district) turn a blind eye to obvious problems.
    Store leaders care more about their own experiences and emotions than running a business.
    Be aware of inappropriate questioning during interviews regarding your marriage, children, etc. a true human resource nightmare.
    The reginal leadership pretends to care but uses term " wrong people" to use as an excuse to dismiss people.
    The business could be better if they would deliver furniture that wasn't broken to customers.
    Most leaders abuse their power and terminate people on the basis of 2 minute tardiness, while favorite associates come and go as they please.
    Cultish, exclutionary, faux cool, and obsession with CEO and VP reads more like a place of worship than a place of business.
    Too much personal information shared regarding family trauma, disease, etc. all under the guise of getting too know each other. Very innapopriate and borderline illegal.

Reginal leaders take notice of all the great staff you are losing. Spend less time on feelings and more time on a business during conference calls. Stop trying to convince us how "cool" you are.

There are newer employer reviews for Restoration Hardware