Restoration Hardware

www.restorationhardware.com

Toxic work environment and incompetent leaders

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Corte Madera, CA

ProsSample sales, anyone below the level of director were really good to work with, amazing products and decent pay.

ConsIf you like working for uninspiring and incompetent leaders who only care about how high up the ladder they can reach...than this is place for you!

Most of the leaders lack the basic knowledge of how to do their jobs which will make you wonder if any of them really went to college and their level of incompetence will also cause you to constantly muttering the phrase "Really, you really want me to do that!?" Trust me, it happens more times than you would think. For example, I had to plan my department's budget on several occasions because my boss didn't know how to do basic math. They don't care about their employees and the core values are constantly thrown in your face if you ever question them. Decisions are constantly changed at the last hour and as a result you're always doubling your efforts on projects, which is why the average work day is 10-12 hours.

A work life balance is non-existant and the frequency of people suffering from stress related illnesses have gone up in the past couple of years. Because of that the turnover rate is extremely high and many talented people have left the company–some have even quit without finding a new job and currently the company is having a hard time filling positions because of their reputation for burning out people.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo some serious house cleaning and restructuring. Restoration Hardware can become a great company to work at with the right people at the helm.

Restoration Hardware has got your back!

Sales Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Restoration Hardware part-time for less than a year

Pros: Resto is a company firmly rooted upon an amazing set of values that every employee wants to live by everyday. The Leadership at the Flatiron… Cons: You are your own boss. There is no corporate ladder to ascend, so if you need to be… Advice to Senior Management: Keep on inspiring. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Disappointed in "core values" and mis-representation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

I worked at Restoration Hardware part-time for more than a year

Pros: For the most part the people are fun to be… Cons: Company constantly changes and has so many inconsistancies. Don't bother to actually live by the "core values" the company… Advice to Senior Management: Finally a good sign as CEO Friedman is forced to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Restoration Hardware.

Worked for Restoration Hardware? Contribute to the Community!