Restoration Hardware
www.restorationhardware.com Corte Madera, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Toxic work environment and incompetent leaders

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Corte Madera, CA

ProsSample sales, anyone below the level of director were really good to work with, amazing products and decent pay.

ConsIf you like working for uninspiring and incompetent leaders who only care about how high up the ladder they can reach...than this is place for you!

Most of the leaders lack the basic knowledge of how to do their jobs which will make you wonder if any of them really went to college and their level of incompetence will also cause you to constantly muttering the phrase "Really, you really want me to do that!?" Trust me, it happens more times than you would think. For example, I had to plan my department's budget on several occasions because my boss didn't know how to do basic math. They don't care about their employees and the core values are constantly thrown in your face if you ever question them. Decisions are constantly changed at the last hour and as a result you're always doubling your efforts on projects, which is why the average work day is 10-12 hours.

A work life balance is non-existant and the frequency of people suffering from stress related illnesses have gone up in the past couple of years. Because of that the turnover rate is extremely high and many talented people have left the company–some have even quit without finding a new job and currently the company is having a hard time filling positions because of their reputation for burning out people.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo some serious house cleaning and restructuring. Restoration Hardware can become a great company to work at with the right people at the helm.

Restoration Hardware has got your back!

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

I have been working at Restoration Hardware part-time for less than a year

Pros: Resto is a company firmly rooted upon an amazing set of values that every employee wants to live by everyday. The Leadership at the Flatiron… Cons: You are your own boss. There is no corporate ladder to ascend, so if you need to be… Advice to Senior Management: Keep on inspiring. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A good employer to have on your resume, but zero growth and benefits

Assistant Buyer (Current Employee)
    Corte Madera, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware

Pros: Restoration Hardware is a force within the San Francisco Bay Area retail industry. There are only so many, so to be working at a place… Cons: There are no growth opportunities. Applying for jobs within the company is an awkward process that alienates you from your manager and team. And if… Advice to Senior Management: Make this as great of a place to work as you state in your values. And if you… More
There are newer reviews on Restoration Hardware.

Worked for Restoration Hardware? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Restoration Hardware reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Restoration Hardware CEO Gary Friedman. All reviews posted anonymously by Restoration Hardware employees.