Too Much Work, not enough balance

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time

Pros

The folks you work with are good and they are smart so that is a positive. The discount is nice if you have the $$ to afford the items.

Cons

Way too much work and nowhere near enough balance. Not enough people to get the job done but the culture is such that you are encouraged to throw yourself on the grenade over and over again.

Other Employee Reviews for Restoration Hardware

Core values? I dont think so!!!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Jefferson, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Jefferson, OH

I worked at Restoration Hardware full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is ok but not worth what you go through!

Cons

Where do I begin????? I worked there for five years. I started there when they first opened up and created many processes because they had none.... I put in long hours and was very dedicated. I created many sop's for the department. I then became lead and some associates did not agree and caused a very hostile work environment. Management did nothing to have my back.. They told me that i need to try and be friends with the group. I swallowed my pride and did the best i could to try and make things right. but... I got transferred out of my department and was given some bogus reason for doing so. I then did data entry and was not utilized at all. I had serious health problems and was off for surgery for about 3 months. They told me i had to come back before my doctor was ready to release me or i would be fired. I went back, but frustratingly enough was still having issues. My doctor called them, sent in two different sets of accomodation papers and they still refused to work with me on any of them, while management was very hostile towards me. They then called me at home and said I needed to have a 100% release from doctor or i would be fired. Given my serious health issues my doctor could not do that. All my doctor asked for was a few months to get my health to improve.. some reasonable accomadations would have been all it took. The plant manager of the place gets sick... has a "state of site" meeting with everyone, asks for prayer, gets t-shirts made in his honor, and bracelets that say.. what would fred do? It really breaks my heart! I gave that place my all ! I guess their core values are only for certain people...

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach to all associates... Policies and procedures should be the same for everyone.

2. Sales Associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits and co-workers. Fair compensation and discount.

Cons

Overpaid, unreliable and incompetent management. Management are bullies, take advantage of their title and only benefit themselves, while holding employees over their scheduled hours, changing the schedule without notice and sleeping in the office during their shifts.

Advice to Management

Giving incentives to management for doing nothing.