Restoration Hardware

There are newer employer reviews for Restoration Hardware

Wouldn't recommend working here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Corte Madera, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The discount is great except as an employee they typically don't pay you enough to be able to afford anything. Some of the people are fun and interesting.

Cons

- Low compensation especially for the Bay Area
- Lack of flexibility in the work place
- No work/life balance
- The only way to get things done is to yell at people
- Execs make so many last minute changes that are financially ridiculous which causes many individuals to work long hours and not make deadlines
- They emphasize these "core values" yet none of the employees actually embody them
- Constant turnover of staff
- Lack of direction from upper management

They should find someone who has any financial sense and put them in management

226 Other Employee Reviews for Restoration Hardware (View Most Recent)

I look back and can't believe I survived that horror show.

I worked at Restoration Hardware (more than 5 years)

Pros

Some of my co-workers and customers were amazing.

Cons

Home office: A nightmare. The district leader for the outlets has zero personnel skills. Treated store associates with utter distain.

Stop shoving the cult-like Core Values down everyone's throat. Or at the very least: practice what you preach.

If you enjoy a low paying job, no growth potential and working for lazy managers, then this is the place for you!

Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Greenwich, CT
    Current Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Greenwich, CT

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time (less than an year)

Pros

My co-workers are absolutely wonderful.

Cons

The pay is very low. You will be scheduled outside of your availability. You will be denied day off requests, (you will have to fight to take off for a doctor's appointment). There is zero room for advancement. You will end your day cleaning, you will start your day cleaning and you will be expected to clean in between helping customers. Yes, this includes cleaning the bathroom. Your sales goals will be exorbitant. My first month on the selling floor I was given a goal just shy of a quarter of a million dollars. No, I do not have prior sales experience that would warrant that. You will be paid a low salary and will not make a penny of commission. Management is super disorganized, inefficient and generally clueless about how to lead a team to success. Overall it is a frustrating experience because it has the potential to be so much more.

Share the wealth! The company is on track to make $1.5 billion in sales this year and we don't have a cleaning person. That is simply cruel. You need to evaluate how your sales team is structured and compensated. It is unfair to pay people so little and expect so much. I I have worked there under a year and have been interviewing for a new position elsewhere since my second month on the job. The core values are a crock of bull crap. If you only practiced what you preach to lure people in, this would be a lovely place to work. Your leaders are ineffective, inefficient and inexperienced. Hire people with sales, furniture and design experience and in general get with the program, the company cannot be successful without great people working there to keep it strong.

There are newer employer reviews for Restoration Hardware