Restoration Hardware

There are newer employer reviews for Restoration Hardware

Good Experience

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Corte Madera, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Corte Madera, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good, and Challenging Work Environment.

Cons

There are no specific cons.

236 Other Employee Reviews for Restoration Hardware (View Most Recent)

Great initial experience, lacks opportunity for real growth beyond store setting.

I worked at Restoration Hardware full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They will never fire you (only make it incredibly uncomfortable to push you out).
    Decent discount
    Great learning experience for retail environment

Cons

RH doesn't promote from within although they give the allure of vast opportunity.
    Poor Compensation. (You get what you pay for...mediocrity)
    Not truly living by the values that they project.

If the company wants to live by "Fast is as slow as we go"...then they should indoctrinate this into there interviewing and promotional processes. They lose a lot of great talent by holding the carrot out but not pulling the trigger when it comes to hiring and promotions. By hiring from outside and not promoting your inside talent, this discourages your employees on many levels.

seasonal sales associate's prospective Oct '13-Feb '14

I have been working at Restoration Hardware

Pros

Great team of diversely skilled associates and passionate management, generous discount, relaxed environment. Good pay (in comparison to typical retail jobs). Staff were very focused on educating me on products and were extremely passionate about what they did. Management facilitated an overall enjoyable experience. The gallery leader Colleen does an excellent job of acting as an advocate for her associates and creating a high energy working environment. She does a great job of utilizing the different strengths of her team members in order to bring about success in her gallery.

Cons

Commission or added sales bonuses would be welcome considering the sticker price on some orders exceeded 5 figures. I understand why they don't operate off of commission but I feel it would definitely drive sales numbers.

Management was great. They made me feel welcome and treated me no different than their seasoned associates. They showcase a true passion for results and made sure to uphold the company's core values in their day to day interactions with associates and customers alike.

There are newer employer reviews for Restoration Hardware