Restoration Hardware

www.restorationhardware.com
  www.restorationhardware.com
There are newer employer reviews for Restoration Hardware

Don't come here unless you're ready to kiss some major butt.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tracy, CA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tracy, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware

Pros

It's a job. We all need one. The people around you are good people. You will love the remaining CSR/A's you work with, and develop close friendships. The ones who have been there a while will help you through any of the inadequate, crappy training the supervisor who does the classes (although that has recently changed to someone else, and theyre good now) and over all, they are warm and friendly.q

Cons

Everything. The pay raises are terrible and completely unfair. It all depends on who's friend you are there. I know one person there who had was on a final written warning, sat there and surfed MySpace, and had a foot out the door receive a 1.50 raise while others who were model employees got between .10-.34 cents. The benefits, although at one time amazing, are now expensive and terrible. There is a lead there, who has been in his position for 3 years, is now passed over by someone who has been there for 3 months. They promote people who are absolutely inept and know NOTHING, but as long as theyre friends with a supe they are in. If you suck up, you get anywhere you want, regardless of knowledge, talent, and ability. The office politics are terrible. I am there until I finish school. I have no love for the company and when I leave (or win the lottery) I am running so far away that the words "Lancaster" and "Maxwell" will be curse words to me. This is the most prejudiced and bigoted place of work I have ever been. Come here if you don't give a crap, don't mind being over worked, underpaid and made to feel like crap.

Get off your high horse and realize that you can't do what WE do. Ever. So start treating your seasoned professionals better by realizing that idiots you promoted can't hack it.
And I'm sick of seeing and reading about how Gary Friedman is cozying up to the stars and having lunch in San Francisco. I've been there 4 years. I have never seen your face. Show up in Tracy and let us show you just how we feel about your canoodling while we pad your pockets. By the way, thank you for showing up pictures of your 900K Christmas party bash for you and your 30 VPs - We REALLY appreciated the 1100.00 you gave us to spend on 120 employees for OURS.

215 Other Employee Reviews for Restoration Hardware (View Most Recent)

Not too shabby for a retail job...

Current Employee - Sales Associate in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware

Pros

Very supportive work environment based on a compatible in-store team and constant updates on things happening within the company.

Cons

Very difficult to move up in this company-- very selective and peculiar about who and when they will promote.

Poor communication at times-- this could definitely be improved.

Lots of words that amount to nothing.

Current Employee - Warehouse in West Jefferson, OH
    Current Employee - Warehouse in West Jefferson, OH

I have been working at Restoration Hardware

Pros

Work is not that hard
    Easy to get overlooked in the mass confussion
    Pay is inline or better than their low end competition
    Always hiring

Cons

Employees opinions don't matter and sugestions are frowned upon.
    Safety is not a consideration and real trainning is not provided, mostly learn as you go.
    No common sense to logistics or problem solving
    Time on the job is viewed as more important than the workers ability or education.
    Managers are neither skilled nor experienced at what they do leading to a lot of confusion.
    Products are all foreign made and of dubious quality. Might explaing the return policy Restoration Hardware uses.
    Lots of finger pointing and blame to go around.
    The numbers are ALL important, even if they are inaccurate or missrepresentative of the real situation.
    Temporary workers are over used and given NO incentives to try harder.
    Every man for himself attitude amungst many employees due to missmanaged task asignments.
    Outdated computer system, 30 year old software being used to track stock.
    Accidents are not correctly reported and vehicular traffic and foot traffic share many common areas leading to increased risk of being hurt. Employees who do get hurt are most often fired.

Actions speak louder than words. Saying one thing and doing another leads to an atmosphere of distrust and disbelief.

There are newer employer reviews for Restoration Hardware