Good Hourly Wage - No Training Whatsoever

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  King of Prussia, PA
Former Employee - Sales Associate in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Restoration Hardware

Pros

Worked part time with generally flexible hours (as long as they were scheduled with Store Manager in advance). Good Pay (in relative terms) with store level incentives for performance. Fun working atmosphere, generally committed co-workers.

Cons

No training. I felt incompetent on the sales floor. Barely shown how to use the cash register, even after showing initiative to ask manager. Only training sessions seemed to be for large ticket merchandise like furniture, with such a wide array of "interesting" products, never fully brought up to speed on what and how to sell them. Perhaps this was presented to full-time employees, but part-timers were left out of the loop.

Great product mix, but a little confusing as a sales associate what is important about each item to effectively sell them. Need to take employee education down to each employee, not just those in management.

Other Reviews for Restoration Hardware

Pretty good place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Corte Madera, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Corte Madera, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware

Pros

Good Brand. Low Stress. Good Location

Cons

Back end infrustructure needs to get improved. Mid-tier management is not strong. Poor IT performance in general. but it is getting better.

Re-org, improve the back-end team. Hire talented IT people. Improve the performance of mid-tier manager or directors.

Don't come here unless you're ready to kiss some major butt.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Tracy, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tracy, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware

Pros

It's a job. We all need one. The people around you are good people. You will love the remaining CSR/A's you work with, and develop close friendships. The ones who have been there a while will help you through any of the inadequate, crappy training the supervisor who does the classes (although that has recently changed to someone else, and theyre good now) and over all, they are warm and friendly.q

Cons

Everything. The pay raises are terrible and completely unfair. It all depends on who's friend you are there. I know one person there who had was on a final written warning, sat there and surfed MySpace, and had a foot out the door receive a 1.50 raise while others who were model employees got between .10-.34 cents. The benefits, although at one time amazing, are now expensive and terrible. There is a lead there, who has been in his position for 3 years, is now passed over by someone who has been there for 3 months. They promote people who are absolutely inept and know NOTHING, but as long as theyre friends with a supe they are in. If you suck up, you get anywhere you want, regardless of knowledge, talent, and ability. The office politics are terrible. I am there until I finish school. I have no love for the company and when I leave (or win the lottery) I am running so far away that the words "Lancaster" and "Maxwell" will be curse words to me. This is the most prejudiced and bigoted place of work I have ever been. Come here if you don't give a crap, don't mind being over worked, underpaid and made to feel like crap.

Get off your high horse and realize that you can't do what WE do. Ever. So start treating your seasoned professionals better by realizing that idiots you promoted can't hack it.
    And I'm sick of seeing and reading about how Gary Friedman is cozying up to the stars and having lunch in San Francisco. I've been there 4 years. I have never seen your face. Show up in Tracy and let us show you just how we feel about your canoodling while we pad your pockets. By the way, thank you for showing up pictures of your 900K Christmas party bash for you and your 30 VPs - We REALLY appreciated the 1100.00 you gave us to spend on 120 employees for OURS.

There are newer employer reviews for Restoration Hardware.

Worked for Restoration Hardware? Contribute to the Community!