Restoration Hardware
www.restorationhardware.com Corte Madera, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good Hourly Wage - No Training Whatsoever

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
King of Prussia, PA

ProsWorked part time with generally flexible hours (as long as they were scheduled with Store Manager in advance). Good Pay (in relative terms) with store level incentives for performance. Fun working atmosphere, generally committed co-workers.

ConsNo training. I felt incompetent on the sales floor. Barely shown how to use the cash register, even after showing initiative to ask manager. Only training sessions seemed to be for large ticket merchandise like furniture, with such a wide array of "interesting" products, never fully brought up to speed on what and how to sell them. Perhaps this was presented to full-time employees, but part-timers were left out of the loop.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat product mix, but a little confusing as a sales associate what is important about each item to effectively sell them. Need to take employee education down to each employee, not just those in management.

Pretty good place to work

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Corte Madera, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware

Pros: Good Brand. Low Stress. Good Location Cons: Back end infrustructure needs to get improved. Mid-tier management is not… Advice to Senior Management: Re-org, improve the back-end team. Hire talented IT people. Improve… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Don't come here unless you're ready to kiss some major butt.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
    Tracy, CA

I have been working at Restoration Hardware

Pros: It's a job. We all need one. The people around you are good people. You will love the remaining CSR/A's you work with, and… Cons: Everything. The pay raises are terrible and completely unfair. It all depends on who's friend you are there. I know one person there who had… Advice to Senior Management: Get off your high horse and realize that you can't do what WE do. Ever. So start treating your seasoned professionals better by realizing that… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Restoration Hardware.

Worked for Restoration Hardware? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Restoration Hardware reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Restoration Hardware CEO Gary Friedman. All reviews posted anonymously by Restoration Hardware employees.