Retail Business Development

www.retailbusinessdevelopment.com
  www.retailbusinessdevelopment.com
There are newer employer reviews for Retail Business Development

Does not appreciate employees & disorganized

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

I worked at Retail Business Development full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay for corp employees and flexible manager

Cons

No communication. No room to grow. No change for the better. High turnover rate in the field.

Its too late to appreciate what you have lost. Law sues will eat up your money, so hire people who can do their job not just half-ass it.

31 Other Employee Reviews for Retail Business Development (View Most Recent)

This is NOT a company you really want to work for - If you already have a job you should not leave it to work for RBD.

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Retail Business Development full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you can work retail hours then you can make some money. Jobs are always available because they have the HIGHEST turnover rate of any company you will ever work for. If you are Unemployed this company will hire you because they hire people on a weekly basis.

Cons

You will be working retail hours as a sales rep (25 hours a week @ $8-$10/hr) at a foldup table inside of a retail store (usually a Walmart) selling Vonage or some other service to customers as they walk by. You will be selling to the lower income segment of the population or to people with family in other countries. As a manager you will be working 60-70 hours a week 7 days a week. As a sales rep or a manager you will not be trained properly and can get fired for making mistakes that you didn't even know you were making. The most common occurrence is being accused of FRAUD by the company even if you were trained to do things a certain way by your manager. About half of Fraud is committed by dishonest sales reps who are desperate to make money, the other half of Fraud is committed unknowingly by honest, hard working reps. But EVERYONE is presumed guilty without any explanation or notice. This prevents anyone from getting unemployment even if you deserve it. The other way that they will terminate people is to set sales quotas that are very hard to meet or maintain. You are basically put on notice that you could be let go from your job for your performance within the first 30 days -- this happens to 90% of all employees regardless of your position in the company.

This is not an exaggeration or a review by a "revenge minded" disgruntled former employee. If you choose to work for RBD after reading this you will be doing so at your own risk. They terminate everyone from sales reps to sales managers to District Managers / V.P's on a monthly basis. Ask anyone who is currently working for the company how long they have been with RBD and 90% will say 6 months or LESS.

The company doesn't care about any of it's employees below the Senior Management Level in Tampa,FL. There are absolutely no benefits available to anyone except the top level executives. You will have to chase down any bonus or contest winnings that you may earn. Based on time that you work versus your pay - EVERYBODY basically works for $8-$12 an hour on average, including Team Leaders and Upper Management.

Average length of employment for sales reps is 2-4 months.
    Average length of employment for managers is 4-8 months.

They still use only a paper check to pay you with by mailing it to you - which is the most unreliable method available. Checks routinely get lost in the mail or are issued incorrectly. Payroll is inputted manually which means LOTS of mistakes. They give you a tablet eventually to clock in/out on but you will have a problem doing so every week due to poor connection issues or the fact that it just doesn't work properly. Your paycheck is almost always wrong and less than what you are expecting.

This is a completely accurate assessment of RBD as a company. I know people need jobs right now and this company will use that need to continue to do business this way as long as they can find people needing to work. I read a few negative reviews before I was hired and I asked Senior Management about them. The answers I got were that basically these are all bogus and slanted to one side by employees who were fired for the reasons that I listed above. I should have given these reviews more consideration before accepting the management position I was offered. The reviews come from people all over the country and they all same pretty much the same thing. That should tell you that they are more accurate and informative about this company overall and the way that they run their business than you might want to believe.

If you decide to work for RBD I highly recommend that you continue to look for a better job and understand that this is only a TEMPORARY place of employment. You will have absolutely NO JOB SECURITY and you will find yourself out of a job a lot sooner than you think. It's better for you to know this up front and keep control of your financial future rather than placing your trust in long term employment with RBD.

Consider making a better work environment that is more beneficial to your employees by implementing a better process for hiring and training that will make employees more successful and improve your retention rate of employees.

Watch what your going to get into before you do it.

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Retail Business Development full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It gave me a chance to grow my experience managing a team.

Cons

A LOT!!!! They expect too much from you. If you don't hit your goal, you will have to deal with the district and regional (in my case) directly with the regional. It sucks, its very stressful. You dont get paid for what your worth. They don't negotiate salary!! SUPER HIGH TURNOVER!!! Shoot I dont know if I will have a job next week. You just don't know with this company. It is very disorganized. If possible stay away.

Take care of your employees!! become more organized.

There are newer employer reviews for Retail Business Development