Retail Business Development

www.salesmakersinc.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Retail Business Development

Wish I had done this sooner

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Newark, NJ

I have been working at Retail Business Development full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flex Schedule. I don't have to stare at the same four walls of a warehouse, building or office. Pay and recognition for individual and team achievement. Great company culture that is developing us to be leaders. I've been here a couple of months and have seen a change in how I have looked at bosses in the past. At RBD, they are giving me events, tools, and opportunity. My manager equips me and my team, gives us freedom to be ourselves and helps us get to where we want to go. We've already grown into other cities since I've been here and my team crushes our sales every month and we get paid very nice commissions, bonuses and have sales contests all the time. We're given tablets or laptops -- my last job made me buy a smart phone.

Cons

No direct deposit, but I hear that's changing. Organization structure is a bit different and I have to go to my manager for everything, but she's good and makes sure all that I ask for is followed up on.

please get direct deposit as soon as possible.

35 Other Employee Reviews for Retail Business Development (View Most Recent)

Awesome People, BREAKNECK Speed

I have been working at Retail Business Development full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working for RBD has been a growing experience. I want to be careful that I don't make it sound like everything has been GREAT and I've had nothing but glowing experiences, because there have been times I've been frustrated (like every other job), but I *can* say that working for a company that's expanding so fast that you can see it work through its growing pains and come out the other side better than it was at the beginning is pretty cool, especially when you're part of it. The company is (relatively) young and hungry, and I like the fact that if you want to offer a suggestion or discuss an issue, people that have the authority to make decisions are easy to get in touch with and are eager to lend an ear to your concerns; there's no red tape to go through just to find somebody that will listen. I like being able to contribute in ways that produce *real* results that you can watch happen before your eyes.

The people that work there--at least the ones that care about working there--are amazing and some of us even hang out after work. It's a laid back environment (socially speaking) and everyone has a great sense of humor, which makes it easier to get through the day. My coworkers can take their frustrations and stresses and make them petty minutia, and even hilarious in the right circumstances.

Cons

Growing so fast can be a daunting thing to deal with. Most companies can ease into best practices and "the right way" as things progress over time, whereas we have to SLAM into the right way head-on at RBD because we don't have time for anything else. Some people can't handle it or get mortified at the pace at which things change, but I like viewing it as a challenge to "overcome" rather than get scared and run away with my tail between my legs.

I don't usually write positive reviews... Really, who does write positive reviews, unless it's for a restaurant or a movie? I happened to see a few negative reviews when I searched online, and I found very few positive ones. I felt that it was wrong to leave everyone with that bad taste in their mouth. It's not a bad place, people just write bad reviews when they're salty, and they write nothing otherwise.

There needs to be a more realistic perspective on what jobs entail before hiring someone. When I see ads for RBD job opportunities online, they're all rainbows and unicorns, and that's not the way it is... I'm sure the ads are written with good intentions in order to get people hired, but people go into their jobs expecting rainbows and unicorns because that's what's advertised. My advice is to be BRUTALLY HONEST about what each job entails (people can handle it!) in order to get the right people, rather than the people that were EXPECTING rainbows and unicorns from the outset because that's what they were promised.

Advancement Opportunities and Great People

I have been working at Retail Business Development full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Challenging work. Great people. Room for advancement. Promotions based on performance.

Retail Business Development is a great place to start a career. I was a recent college graduate when I started working at RBD. I have learned more in the year that I have been with the company than I did in 4 years of college. I am not saying that college didn’t prepare me for the job, because it did, but rather that I learned how to work with people, communication, interpersonal skills, leadership; all the things that are learned rather than taught.

Cons

Communication between departments could be better. Last minute decisions that can lead to more issues than they are meant to fix.

Foster an atmosphere that appreciates open communication between departments.

There are newer employer reviews for Retail Business Development