Retail Information Systems

retailinfosys.com
  retailinfosys.com
There are newer employer reviews for Retail Information Systems

The job was very needed but almost too good to be true, and it was too good to be true.

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Retail Information Systems

Pros

The job was easy and there were very few people you had to answer to. Over all the work was boring and monotonous but still very easy. The office is very nice and everybody that works there is nice.

Cons

Training was awful. There was none. We were thrown into our positions with little more then a piece of paper that said what to do. The job itself was extremely boring and made the days last long. We were fired after two weeks of work, on the basis that we were "texting and browsing" however there were no formal warning or write ups. There was no paperwork upon being terminated and there when paperwork was requested they said that they had no legal obligation to give reasons for termination in writing. my suspicions were correct in this being a TEMPORARY position. We were hired on due to the needs of the company and when they were fulfilled we were LET GO. if you're looking for job security, DO NOT WORK AS A MARKETING ASSISTANT!!!

Be upfront with the people you interview, I was very clear in asking if this was a temporary position and i was told it was permanent. You lied to me. And don't beat around the bush when you fire somebody. All they want is honesty and you gave me an answer you wouldn't put in writing.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Retail Information Systems (View Most Recent)

Great Opportunity

I have been working at Retail Information Systems full-time

Pros

This organization is able to keep the small company mentality while still achieving large company results. This company is not for everyone, and I believe that the reviews here reflect that. However, if you have a good work ethic and, more importantly, strong individual initiative, you will go far. This company is not for the individual who is seeking a job title and a list of tasks to complete. It is very much a dynamic environment that demands much and rewards much.

Cons

Extremely fast paced. It can be difficult to keep up; especially for those individuals who can not think on their feet.

Not a place to be proud of working for!

Current Employee - Work Slave
    Current Employee - Work Slave

I have been working at Retail Information Systems

Pros

Easy place to work at.
    Okay pay.
    Restaurants in the area are okay.
    The job was easy to get. (They hire on the spot a lot)
    Very small company.
    Nice people to work with.

Cons

The location of the business is in a less desirable area of Houston that is hard to get to no matter what part of town you're coming from. The company isn't well-known, so your experience here will only take you so far in terms of applying anywhere else (which you will). Health and dental insurance isn't fully provided by the employer, so part of your paycheck gets taken out for it if you choose to have coverage. Management plays favorites and hangs out in cliques, so you can feel isolated very easily. The employees are a bit on the older side (35 and older), so this place may not be ideal for younger people who prefer to have colleagues they can be friends with.

The clients they support can be some of the worst people you can ever meet. The business is suppose to provide technical support to small to medium sized business owners, so the people you work with tend to be on the "not-so-bright" side of the spectrum. These people often know nothing of technology and have a sense of entitlement when they speak to you. In other words, they're jerks. I've done technical support at other places and have never dealt with such incompetence and rudeness.

Stop playing favorites and be more open about what's going on with the company. No one likes being left in the dark. Stop being so cheap and pay your employees better. Show appreciation and don't embellish things to make the company seem like something it is not.

There are newer employer reviews for Retail Information Systems