There are newer employer reviews for RetailData

Unprofessional and misleading company to work for.

I have been working at RetailData

Pros

They do follow the gas price increases and increase accordingly. But still low.

Cons

Poor pay. No communication with DM. No annual reviews/ raises. No management support. No weekend support. Company Favoritism. Difficult work.

Advice to Management

Take a DEEP look at how your field staff is treated. Clean house in management! No open door policy exists.

reviews filtered by
  1. Data Collector

Current Employee - Data Collector in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Data Collector in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at RetailData

Pros

You can plan your own schedule.

Cons

The region is understaffed, and can't seem to retain employees.

Omaha, NE Retail Data Employees are the highest paid at $14 per hour rate. Set your own schedule!

Current Employee - Data Collector in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Data Collector in Omaha, NE

I have been working at RetailData part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love setting my own hours. I love not having a boss or supervisor. I love taking breaks whenever I want to. I love going into a hypnotic repetition of motion and thought. I love the freedom to use my own style and my own techniques and no one criticizes me. I love that I can see my speed and accuracy improvement online every night when I go home and upload my UPC data that I collected at mostly every grocery store in town.

Think of easter egg hunts and scavenger hunts and attention to detail like the Fluid Ounces on all retail products. Find the Matching Item and type the price in and then click to the next item you need to find. Bring a small stool if you have a bad back or knees. Must like challenges but after 1.5 months it gets easier.

Online video training is free if you want it, but it is not required. Great paychecks every other Monday direct deposit. They pay millage and travel time minimum hourly wage. Great manager. Great People. Great Experience.

$650 per week as a part time employee. I could work OT if I wanted in Omaha, great job.

Keep your chin up. Know it gets easier. Use the tools you are given correctly and take advantage of the repeat button. Learn to look at the last four digits of UPC on some jobs and learn to punch in a 5 digit number after each glance at a UPC label. Remember you are only human and everyone makes mistakes so just do your best and don't stress out over deadlines and constant build up of jobs assigned to you. Just notify your manager that you need them to remove a job as applicable to your situation. Don't let yourself worry about things, just be consistent and steady and don't give up. This job is all about chipping away at a mountain by scanning every UPC in the store.

Cons

Undercover secret shopping can be a little stressful.

Advice to Management

Get rid of "per piece" pay in all districts.