Challenging and Rewarding

Current Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Product Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great team members and leadership. Very high standards for hiring. Open and transparent about all decisions. Provides countless opportunities to make a real business impact. Full of perks, big and small... from lavish company parties to free lunches.

Cons

Long hours at times. Aggressive goals and deadlines sometimes lead to high pressure situations.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great work, great friends, great place.

Current Employee - Mobile Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Mobile Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is hard to pick where to begin with a company like Whaleshark.

Whaleshark has a wide-open information policy, a relatable and interested executive team, great perks, better rewards, and highly intelligent/motivated employees (most of which have made several close friends within the company).

From a more social perspective, the office itself is bright and fun, the people are focused on their work but never above a good laugh, company parties and activities are always a blast, and the frequently catered breakfast/lunches and fully stocked kitchen is pretty cool.

I would reccommend Whaleshark to anyone I know.

Cons

With so many fun people nearby, a plethora of movie and video game toys/posters on desks and walls, and so much good food in the kitchen, sometimes it can be hard to stay at your desk and work all day.

But hey, that's a pretty good problem to have, right? Luckily I believe in the work I do for Whaleshark and working hard to show that is something I take pride in.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. The recent focus on goal setting, increased department transparency, etc. etc. are really going to help continue to strengthen this company.

2. Energetic, fast-paced and fun work environment surrounded by smart, hard-working co-workers and leaders.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment: Open and fast-paced where everyone can have an impact the business
    The people: It's all about cross-functional teamwork!
    The learnings: Transparent knowledge share across teams and from outside speakers
    The recognition: Awards (huge), incentives, treats, surprises and we can't forget...free lunches!

Cons

Time flies when you're working hard and having fun. Not sure how the days go by so fast!