RetailMeNot

There are newer employer reviews for RetailMeNot

Could be a lot better.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits/Perks are amazing. Best CEO. Free food all the time.

Cons

They expect you to stay late and really don't appreciate what you do for the company. The most you will get is a thank you email after putting in long hours over the weekend.

Try and understand what a work life balance is. We all work really hard and sometimes yall ask for too much. We cant always work weekends just because something needs to get done. We have families and would like to see our kids grow up.

37 Other Employee Reviews for RetailMeNot (View Most Recent)

One of the best compensation/perks packages in Austin

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at RetailMeNot full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people; very open culture; no offices through the entire company means lots of team collaboration; lots of free stuff (breakfast and lunch, snacks, coffee, t-shirts, hoodies, keychains, mugs); Makerbot 3D printer to play around with; challenging and interesting work; great pay and benefits; public transportation stipend if you give up your parking space; strong products with lots of growth potential; strong management team; open vacation policy; clearly defined path for growth and promotion expectations. Oh, and they have Segways you can borrow if you need to go around Austin during the day.

Cons

I honestly don't even know what to put here. Some might be put off by the lack of offices. Culture is not very big on work-from-home. It's also very startup-ish, even though they're now a public corporation - that could be good or bad depending on your outlook.

I would love to work from home more often, within reason - half the time the team discusses things through chat anyway, and I live far enough away that I could actually get a couple extra hours of work in just by staying home. Maybe a limit on the number of days per week?

Boys Club, for the Young and Child-Free

I worked at RetailMeNot full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great perks: free (good) food and drinks, cell phone reimbursement, dry cleaning pick-up
    Smart, talented people
    Nice office
    Successful company
    Dev team is treated extremely well
    Very good medical benefits

Cons

Horrible work-life balance: 60+ hours/week, every week.
    If you are a parent, you will rarely see your children when they are awake.
    Management is primarily male; very few females in Sr roles.
    Company published values do not mention teamwork or respect and those qualities are sorely lacking in most.
    If you're over 30, you will feel old.

Respect your employee's lives outside of work. Recognize that most employees do not stand to make millions from the IPO and therefore, might not be as committed as you are to spending 70 hours/week in the office.

There are newer employer reviews for RetailMeNot