Return Path

www.returnpath.com
  www.returnpath.com
There are newer employer reviews for Return Path

Can talk the talk, but not walk the walk.

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Return Path full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Weekly lunches
- Snacks
- Interesting product*
- EXCEPTION CEO (one of the sincerest CEOs I have met)
- Reasonable Salary

Cons

Specific to Client Services:

- knowledge: even though RP is good at what it does, it does not mean its the be all, end all. In the time I worked at RP, I learned a lot but a lot of this was contradictory to what I had learned before. Which is not a bad thing, but RP really does not have the ability to back up its own knowledge, as the space (ISP filters/algorithms) is ever changing.

- people: i understand there politics every where, and 90% people in corporate environment put on a facade. But after 11/12 interviews, its ridiculous certain people do a 180. One person, can change the spirit and atmosphere of the entire team. This is demoralizing in the face that the CEO is one of the nicest guys for where his position is. simply put, even though RP core values is putting people first, reality, the same people suck.

- clickish people: people who have been here since the inception of email, think they are the bomb-diggity. Which is great, but learn not to put those who are younger than you down.

- mangers - my manger talked a good talk. The fact he was 100% sales guy, should have been the first clue that this was not going to work out in the long run. Even though he was a manager, he really was a whiny-follower. He let other people control him, whether they joined 6 years ago, or were hired the day before.

- product: its interesting, but not really effective. RP is more like a thorn in the side of company who send commercial emails. Because RP lives delivery, it causes more headaches and issues unnecessarily. Clients who like RP is most likely because the email service provider they are using is doing a crappy job of handling and delivering their email.

CEO - its difficult to vet all your managers, but there should be a more effective way of reviewing your managers and higher ups. Politics and bias will lead to loss of talent.

Return Path Response

Sep 8, 2014CEO

Thanks for the feedback, and I appreciate the positive personal note on me. There are a lot of things that were "wrong" with client services, and many have been addressed or are in the process of ... More

40 Other Employee Reviews for Return Path (View Most Recent)

Everyone was extremely welcoming and always looking for an opportunity to make the company a better place.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Return Path full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere, opportunities for growth, company works as a team

Cons

Still developing and oftentimes the system had a few kinks.

Return Path Response

Sep 8, 2014CEO

The system definitely has some kinks. I think it always will in a growing, dynamic business. But we're always on the lookout for specific feedback and actions to make things better.

Will Return Path outgrow it's famous culture with the infusion of external senior management new hires?

Current Employee - Account Manager in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Return Path full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Return Path promotes a work/life balance, fosters personal development and offers excellent healthcare benefits.

Cons

Salaries low compared to peer organizations. Senior management roles are often filled by external candidates, making advancement opportunities somewhat limited throughout the company.

Organizational changes within Client Services are long overdue.

There are newer employer reviews for Return Path