Great place to work

I have been working at Revel Consulting

Pros

Revel is a great consulting firm to work. The people, the team culture promote everyone to give the best and guides you to have a better carrier growth. The leadership in the company demonstrates great respect towards every employee. Revel reps make an effort to build a good relationship with the every employee. Revel works diligently to understand their clients both consultants, and companies that require the service.

Cons

Most of the opportunities are focused only in and around Seattle. Not a huge number of clients.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

WORST Place I have Ever Worked

Former Employee - Senior Consultant
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Revel Consulting

Pros

My team was the only thing worth commenting as a pro at all, we kept each other going during tough times.

Cons

Revel is a staffing company but no one is willing to admit it. I have never been treated so poorly in a company as I was treated at Revel. I didn't feel as though women were valued at this organization, there weren't any women in Sr. leadership roles while I was there and it seemed to be a complaint across the company on the consultant side. For a company that talks about "pure consulting" and less bureaucracy I have never seem more internally than here. Revel has ended up on the Fastest Growing company lists but I am not sure how those happened.... while I was there the turnover was 50% in one year so while they backfilled positions when people left the company that doesn't seem to equal true growth for the company sounds more like an employer problem. My biggest complaints were the lack of trust, no growth opportunities, lots of micro managing , controlling behavior and no respect.

Advice to Management

Quit cherry picking your staff, no jobs were ever posted even inturnally for certain positions the internal staff was hand selected with didn't allow for upard movement. Get an HR team with a little HR knowledge about employee law! The terrible treatment of employees will only increase turnover! The leadership has no idea what they're doing or where the company is headed, take a long look before you join.

A firm that’s not too large, not too small – it’s just right.

I have been working at Revel Consulting

Pros

This is a great place to be if you don’t require any training wheels. There are numerous other firms out there who support the junior types of opportunities, however I personally don’t want to work at a place that is distracted by training newbies. If you’re confident in your abilities, this is an excellent place to be!

Cons

Too much to do and not enough time to do it.

Advice to Management

They seem to do a great job in balancing between providing the infrastructure needed to be successful (Manager support, good benefits, etc…) without not being too big and having to deal with all the overhead that comes with that type of firm. Net – I feel very comfortable here, a great place to be.