Revel Consulting

www.revelconsulting.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Revel Consulting

Hip, pure consulting. Every project is different, but there's no firm I'd rather be at!

Current Employee - Associate in Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Associate in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Top local tech clients, high profile projects, guaranteed income (pro bono work in-between projects). What's not to like? Very energetic, constantly striving (and succeeding!) in challenging their employees, and bringing the firm to new levels.

The CEO, Vikas is a force of nature. Knows just about every person in town, I think. He opens his mouth, people stop and listen. VERY inspiring, and VERY engaged.

Good mix of consultants from top firms and industry experts. Firm is growing very quickly at all levels...always someone new to learn from.

Management/mentors are as hands on or hands off as you like...you get out of it exactly what you put in! Want to work 40 hrs a week and leave at 5 to go home to your wife and kids? They've got that. Want to put in crazy 80 hour weeks and be a director in 4 years? They've got that too!

I really love this company, and look forward to their continued success. I am thrilled with my decision to come over from industry, and haven't looked back.

Cons

Coming from industry, it's been a little vague as to the conditions and terms of pay raises, etc. Of course everyone always wants more money, but for the first time in my career, I'm honestly focused on my learning and development, and not just working to check the boxes to get the next raise. Very liberating!

Also, client base is primarily in the tech industry, but that is rapidly changing with expansions into other industries. Nothing wrong with the tech industry, but looking forward to a broader diversity in the portfolio.

Keep doing what you're doing! The engagement, revelation and SD events are all excellent, and I really value any chance to interact with my fellow associates!

Revel Entrepreneurial Challenge was awesome! Will definitely be back next year for that. Would really like to see a hackathon or start-up weekend where we can get 30+ to participate and spend a couple of days going after a single problem as a team...

62 Other Employee Reviews for Revel Consulting (View Most Recent)

Mind the gap (between aspirations & reality)

I worked at Revel Consulting full-time

Pros

There are a number of talented consultants at Revel who are great to work with and care about continuing to grow and learn. New ideas are frequently welcome and action rules the day over analysis. If you relish change and can effectively advocate for yourself, this could be a place for you.

Cons

Underdeveloped strategy, mercurial leadership, too much hype and not enough underpinning substance to the firm's claims of "pure consulting".

Really listen to employees, model the behavior you expect from people in order to shape the culture. Manage based on data, not emotions.

Revel has allowed me to sculp my career by means of my own personal aspirations; a truly rewarding experience.

Current Employee - Associate in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The level of autonomy has allowed me to drive my own career, while still providing me client work with some of the best in their respective industries. At the same time, Revel provides opportunities outside of client work that enables me to expand the way I think and work with others.

Cons

The level of autonomy can scare away some, as it is truly up to you to drive your career success. Revel puts up guardrails, but there is a great deal of ambiguity that can be daunting.

Continue to look for ways to reward your employees for exploring personal interests and hobbies. By doing so, Revel can continue to strike a work life balance that is conducive to a happy, productive individual.

There are newer employer reviews for Revel Consulting