There are newer employer reviews for Revel Consulting

Hip, pure consulting. Every project is different, but there's no firm I'd rather be at!

Current Employee - Associate  in  Redmond, WA
Current Employee - Associate in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Top local tech clients, high profile projects, guaranteed income (pro bono work in-between projects). What's not to like? Very energetic, constantly striving (and succeeding!) in challenging their employees, and bringing the firm to new levels.

The CEO, Vikas is a force of nature. Knows just about every person in town, I think. He opens his mouth, people stop and listen. VERY inspiring, and VERY engaged.

Good mix of consultants from top firms and industry experts. Firm is growing very quickly at all levels...always someone new to learn from.

Management/mentors are as hands on or hands off as you like...you get out of it exactly what you put in! Want to work 40 hrs a week and leave at 5 to go home to your wife and kids? They've got that. Want to put in crazy 80 hour weeks and be a director in 4 years? They've got that too!

I really love this company, and look forward to their continued success. I am thrilled with my decision to come over from industry, and haven't looked back.

Cons

Coming from industry, it's been a little vague as to the conditions and terms of pay raises, etc. Of course everyone always wants more money, but for the first time in my career, I'm honestly focused on my learning and development, and not just working to check the boxes to get the next raise. Very liberating!

Also, client base is primarily in the tech industry, but that is rapidly changing with expansions into other industries. Nothing wrong with the tech industry, but looking forward to a broader diversity in the portfolio.

Keep doing what you're doing! The engagement, revelation and SD events are all excellent, and I really value any chance to interact with my fellow associates!

Revel Entrepreneurial Challenge was awesome! Will definitely be back next year for that. Would really like to see a hackathon or start-up weekend where we can get 30+ to participate and spend a couple of days going after a single problem as a team...

61 Other Employee Reviews for Revel Consulting (View Most Recent)

Revel has allowed me to sculp my career by means of my own personal aspirations; a truly rewarding experience.

Current Employee - Associate  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Associate in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

The level of autonomy has allowed me to drive my own career, while still providing me client work with some of the best in their respective industries. At the same time, Revel provides opportunities outside of client work that enables me to expand the way I think and work with others.

Cons

The level of autonomy can scare away some, as it is truly up to you to drive your career success. Revel puts up guardrails, but there is a great deal of ambiguity that can be daunting.

Continue to look for ways to reward your employees for exploring personal interests and hobbies. By doing so, Revel can continue to strike a work life balance that is conducive to a happy, productive individual.

Be an entrepreneur & a management consultant

Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel Consulting full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a company that is growing quickly and so you have the chance to both build a business and do very practical consulting. When clients are being expected to respond quicker than ever they look to consultants to be agile, prototype solutions, fail fast and then get to the answer. Revel realizes this and has got rid of the old hierarchical structure and tick box consulting methods to zero in on what needs to be done. The consultants are whip smart but not caught up in ego and competitive ratings - it's about sharing knowledge, growing professionally and personally.....oh and by the way - clients love the refreshing approach. The exciting thing is that Revel is just at the beginning of continued growth because they have identified a way of operating and niche in the market that is sorely lacking. If you want detailed guidelines, specific methodologies and templates Revel is not the place. However if you have an entrepreneurial mindset and like collaborating....it's a great ride!

Cons

As an evolving business some of the systems and processes are still being formed. This means you get to have real input in shaping them but sometimes under time pressure it would be nice to have an established process to fall back on. Of course the fact that everything is not mapped out clearly and defined is also one of the main pros!

Revel is revolutionary in the way it is organized, serves clients and encourages entrepreneurialism. The seeds are there to ALSO be revolutionary in terms of treating people as well rounded individuals and building a sense of community that is not underpinned by the 'pay check' but rather connection, collaboration and growth - requires continued commitment and priority focus even amidst the rapid expansion.

There are newer employer reviews for Revel Consulting

Worked for Revel Consulting? Contribute to the Community!