Revel Marketing (Washington)

www.revelmarketinginc.com
  www.revelmarketinginc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Revel Marketing (Washington)

Great atmosphere but bad management

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel Marketing (Washington) full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very team oriented
Other employees look out for you, even if they just met you a week ago
Great way to get the word "marketing" on your resume.
Work-life balance is good for singles and fresh college grads

Cons

Management will lie to your face (example: she told me they were not a churn and burn organization but after speaking with my coworkers I found only about 3 that had been there for more than a month).
They claim it's a "training program" and that you will be groomed for management when in reality its more like they are just waiting to see who survives the first month.
No mercy, no mentoring, and no money unless you pass their preliminary training modules. This wouldn't be so bad if they did not restrict you to one module per day and kick you out after 9:45 am so management can have the office to themselves.
If you take this job, you are not really in marketing, you are in sales. Until you move in to management (most quite before this) or have your own office you must sell as instructed at per-arranged locations (which you did not pick out).
Finally, Revel is not actually a stand alone company. It is yet another one of those "multi-level marketing firms" that trick people into signing on for manager training and then shove them in retail positions. I love sales so this was fine for me but I've seen people almost die out there trying their hardest to do something they hate.
Bottom Line: Until management changes, do not start your career here.

Learn to mentor your employees or else tell them the truth about the turnover rate. Some people want a career while others just want a job. You shouldn't have to trick people just to get them to work for you.

Revel Marketing (Washington) Response

Aug 27, 2014Owner

Thank You for your feedback on your experience with Revel Marketing. We work hard to promote a positive environment for individual growth and development. We appreciate you pointing out the positives ... More

18 Other Employee Reviews for Revel Marketing (Washington) (View Most Recent)

Fun and exciting career with exceptional growth opportunities

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Seattle, WA

Pros

The training is amazing and very focused for the individual. I like how I am able to learn everything I will need and continue to use it throughout my career here. The position cross-trains me in several different areas, which makes me well-rounded as an individual.

Cons

Yes, this position is challenging. It does require a passionate and dedicated person to work here. If you have determination to succeed and a hard work ethic you will fit right in!

Provided me with a great opportunity

Current Employee - Team Leader in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Washington, DC

Pros

Revel Marketing is unlike any other place I have worked. They really empower their team members to be successful as individuals and as a team. They offer an intense training program that can help you move up in the company at a faster pace if you have the drive to do so. I am a hard working person so I was up for the challenge.

Cons

It is a difficult job int he beginning because you have to put in the effort to push yourself at whatever pace you want to go. I personally wanted to move fast, so I worked long hours to hit my goals. I didn't take no for an answer! I worked hard because I knew the opportunity would pay off in the end.

Love the opportunity you provide people to eventually run their own office. It is something so many people wish they could do, but never get the chance. Thanks for giving me the chance!

There are newer employer reviews for Revel Marketing (Washington)