Revel Marketing (Washington)

www.revelmarketinginc.com

Great atmosphere but bad management

Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsVery team oriented
Other employees look out for you, even if they just met you a week ago
Great way to get the word "marketing" on your resume.
Work-life balance is good for singles and fresh college grads

ConsManagement will lie to your face (example: she told me they were not a churn and burn organization but after speaking with my coworkers I found only about 3 that had been there for more than a month).
They claim it's a "training program" and that you will be groomed for management when in reality its more like they are just waiting to see who survives the first month.
No mercy, no mentoring, and no money unless you pass their preliminary training modules. This wouldn't be so bad if they did not restrict you to one module per day and kick you out after 9:45 am so management can have the office to themselves.
If you take this job, you are not really in marketing, you are in sales. Until you move in to management (most quite before this) or have your own office you must sell as instructed at per-arranged locations (which you did not pick out).
Finally, Revel is not actually a stand alone company. It is yet another one of those "multi-level marketing firms" that trick people into signing on for manager training and then shove them in retail positions. I love sales so this was fine for me but I've seen people almost die out there trying their hardest to do something they hate.
Bottom Line: Until management changes, do not start your career here.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to mentor your employees or else tell them the truth about the turnover rate. Some people want a career while others just want a job. You shouldn't have to trick people just to get them to work for you.

Great company structure and great people!

Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

I have been working at Revel Marketing (Washington) full-time for more than a year

Pros: No matter where you are in life at this point, everybody starts out at the field. And, even though you are progressing within the company, you… Cons: If you are not passionate about people or/and have a hard time keeping an open mind to learn or/and controlling your attitude... Then, Revel Marketing… Advice to Senior Management: I would say that this is a great marketing agency overall. So, I… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Revel/Valens Marketing

Account Executive (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at Revel Marketing (Washington) full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great direct sales and marketing skill learned Flexible time off Great group… Cons: High mileage per week to get to and from locations Mandatory meeting every morning, even on days off Two conference calls per week in the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Revel Marketing (Washington).

Worked for Revel Marketing (Washington)? Contribute to the Community!