There are newer employer reviews for Revel Systems

Incompetent know-nothings got ahold of a computer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

Smart idea for a market ripe for a change.
Downtown Financial District location.

Cons

CTO knows nothing about the market, audience, or domain for the industry the company is engaged in, yet Insists on controlling everything, while actively ignoring the advice of those hired for their experience and knowledge in these same markets and domains.
CEO has the maturity of a jilted, middle-school tween who neither understands nor comprehends the basics of proven, successful startup techniques and methodologies. Responds like a pouty, vengeful juvenile when confronted by those with proven success in management, staff motivation, marketing, and finance.
Both have grand illusions of creating a work environment akin to Steve Jobs and Apple, yet neither knows the first thing about how to motivate professionals or foster genuine creativity.
Delusions of grandeur overshadow the prospect of what was initially a promising technology.

Step aside and let the grownups do the real work.

reviews filtered by
  1. Huge growth and fast pace

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun culture, good colleagues, large growth and potential. I work hard and I enjoy my job quite a lot. Team trips to Tahoe and great party for the team which everyone was flown in for across the entire US. Very team orientated environment. I like the fact that its not to big yet.

Cons

Long hours, pressure to hit results and pressure to preform. A very people orientated position so if you don't like talking to clients all day, it won't be very much fun.

Like the monthly pep up meetings. Need more of that.

Great Vision from directors of company

Current Employee - Temporary Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Temporary Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fastest growing company with something new every month going on which is really fun. By far one of the greatest company's I have worked for in a while. Leadership has a solid vision for the company and it shows with the latest announcements of raising 100 million and getting one of the largest companies to replace their product with Revel's product. Intuit just picked Revel for their POS system and this is just amazing in my eyes. I have seen others hating on Revel and not sure why. They are now worth half a billion dollars.

Cons

Younger crowd which brings on a lot of rumors and hence silly replies on here.
    Growing pains due to fast growth and because of that can be a bit disorganized

Choose to focus on selling deeper into industries that we have already done the features for. I love how the founders sit with everyone and tell them the story of Revel when they first are hired.

There are newer employer reviews for Revel Systems