There are newer employer reviews for Revel Systems

Incompetent know-nothings got ahold of a computer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Revel Systems full-time

Pros

Smart idea for a market ripe for a change.
Downtown Financial District location.

Cons

CTO knows nothing about the market, audience, or domain for the industry the company is engaged in, yet Insists on controlling everything, while actively ignoring the advice of those hired for their experience and knowledge in these same markets and domains.
CEO has the maturity of a jilted, middle-school tween who neither understands nor comprehends the basics of proven, successful startup techniques and methodologies. Responds like a pouty, vengeful juvenile when confronted by those with proven success in management, staff motivation, marketing, and finance.
Both have grand illusions of creating a work environment akin to Steve Jobs and Apple, yet neither knows the first thing about how to motivate professionals or foster genuine creativity.
Delusions of grandeur overshadow the prospect of what was initially a promising technology.

Step aside and let the grownups do the real work.

41 Other Employee Reviews for Revel Systems (View Most Recent)

Huge growth and fast pace

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fun culture, good colleagues, large growth and potential. I work hard and I enjoy my job quite a lot. Team trips to Tahoe and great party for the team which everyone was flown in for across the entire US. Very team orientated environment. I like the fact that its not to big yet.

Cons

Long hours, pressure to hit results and pressure to preform. A very people orientated position so if you don't like talking to clients all day, it won't be very much fun.

Like the monthly pep up meetings. Need more of that.

Come work with very entrepreneurial people and make impact everyday – Awesome company

Current Employee - Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Revel Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They are great at promoting from within if you prove yourself! As a very fast pace growing company, there is great opportunity for anyone that raises a hand to take on extra responsibility. It is a very fun place to work but people also get their work done. People who do well are extremely motivated and hungry. Revelers are fun, down-to-earth people, humble, and we have great team parties and events.

Cons

The office is about quite a commute for me so that is a draw back. Like any startup in a hot space, you must be comfortable with uncertainty. If you can't learn new features and new systems quickly it may not be a good fit. Revel is starting to feel more like a big company which is good because its becoming more structured although some departments still need more structure. Unfortunately its no longer a company where you know everyone by name.

I’d love to see more career guidance and mentor-ship. I think it would be great to have more all hands meetings and more trainings. Get a bigger building as the walls are shrinking here in SF.

There are newer employer reviews for Revel Systems