There are newer employer reviews for Revlon

Sinking ship

Former Employee - Package Designer
Former Employee - Package Designer

I worked at Revlon

Pros

Good name to have on resume. May lead to better position in other personal care companies.

Cons

Since 2007 there were layoffs to try to recover management's mistakes. They never seemed to be able to make money, so they keep on cutting people. The company is a shell of the former cosmetic manufacturer it was in the late 80's and early 90's. A lot of talented people were let go and some old timers that should have been, are still there. The atmosphere has been gloomy for at least the last three years. It can only get better if the company is bought out by someone who has better business sense in the industry.

Try new blood at levels. The old ways of doing business isn't working.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great People Good Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Revlon

Pros

Opportunities for growth and advancement, fair compensation package, interesting and varied job responsibilities, great brand presence and pride of the staff in the Revlon Brand and its history

Cons

Work/Life balance needs to be improved in some depts, Sr. Management tends to initiate too many new company initiatives at one time, resulting in a heavier workload for the staff

To prioritize projects and to coach your staff through them. Work with staff to ensure that work/life balance is throughout the company

2. An internship at Revlon was an incredible experience to have at such a crucial deciding point in my life.

Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Revlon as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Intelligent, fun, collaborative, and communicative people made this experience hugely informative and exciting for me.
    I was able to sit in on meetings that helped me see how the company, and my department, ran and what to expect if I ever have a position at the company. Many leaders took an interest in learning about what I do in school, and what I wanted to do in my career, and shared their experiences.

Cons

There was, as in all internships, some "busy work".
    Didn't feel comfortable voicing my desire to go to more meetings and see more creative processes until almost the end of my internship.
    My cube was quite a distance from most of the people I was doing work for, which was slightly uncomfortable especially at the beginning.

Make more time at the beginning of an internship to let interns shadow you, attend meetings, etc. There could have been a better plan in place instead of bouncing interns (or in my experience at least) from person to person asking if they had projects or to explain certain things.

There are newer employer reviews for Revlon