Revonate

www.revonate.com
  www.revonate.com
There are newer employer reviews for Revonate

Unsafe, Disorganized, and Poor Business Practices...

Current Employee - Repair Technician in Liverpool, NY
Current Employee - Repair Technician in Liverpool, NY

I have been working at Revonate

Pros

In this poor economy, Revonate is always hiring, and doing very well financially.

Cons

Revonate is a brilliant idea in the business of manufacturing / refurbishing computers. Unfortunately during my several months here I have found that there are several problems with the structure and operation of the company. I, myself, have personally voiced my concerns, to which those concerns have fallen upon deaf ears. This company is a warehouse environment, so my concerns are as follows:

1) When hired, there is no training or orientation whatsoever about safety in a warehouse environment.

2) With all of the lifting, forklifts in operation, and high stacked boxes carrying 30+ pounds each, there are no requirements for employees to wear head protection or steel-toed boots.

3) Employees work with a wide array of cleaning materials and other chemicals that can cause skin and eye irritation / damage; employees are not encouraged to, nor are they required to wear protective eyewear.

4) Forklift operators are not trained to OSHA standards.

5) The facility is extremely noisy; employees are not encouraged to, nor are they required to wear hearing protection.

6) First Aid Kits are simply little toolboxes that have a few bandages and antiseptic spray in them - these don't even come close to OSHA standards.

7) There are no AED's on site in case someone has a heart related issue.

8) The temperature in our area of the warehouse hits or exceeds 100 degrees on very hot days. The facility has no air conditioning, and only a few scattered fans mounted on girders to blow around the hot air.

9) You are encouraged to talk with your supervisors and / or managers about issues or concerns that you may have. However, when you exercise this, management either ignores you, gets angry and threatens your job, or fires you for talking about any of the above concerns.

Management really needs to provide better workplace and safety orientation, make the work environment safer and more comfortable for employees, and actually follow through with listening to their employees before someone does get upset and potentially goes as far as contacting OSHA, the NYS Department of Health, or even the Department of Labor.

3 Other Employee Reviews for Revonate (View Most Recent)

A very fun and entertaining place to work

Current Employee - Computer Repair Technician in Liverpool, NY
    Current Employee - Computer Repair Technician in Liverpool, NY

I have been working at Revonate

Pros

Some of the best reasons I can think of to work at Revonate would include the hours (Mon-Thurs, 10 hr shifts from 6 am till 4:30 pm, with optional overtime on Friday for those who want more hours), the working atmosphere which is just for me being surrounded by many people I would consider to be good friends and having a good time listening to music and fixing as many computers as possible; and up until recently the donut days every Friday (which unfortunately ended when we moved to the new building [which is absolutely huge and got rid of the night shift hours thank you!] but it was a lot of fun devouring as many donuts as possible during a 5 minute meeting). And of course there are a lot of jobs there beyond the Computer Repair techies, this is just the only one I have experience with so it will be a little biased and/or centered on Repair.

Cons

Some of the downsides would have to include in the summer it can get a little hot but there have been a lot of fans installed around the building (many more than some may have called "scattered") and it definitely made things much better, doubt the temperature ever gets above 90 deg F anymore. Also there is an emphasis on making sure you meet your numbers but honestly for the Repair section that's fairly easy, not sure how hard the testers and everyone else have to work to get their numbers. And of course I'd have to list the cancellation of Donut Fridays as a con, I really miss those Apple Fritters and Bavarian donuts but I'll get by.

All I have to really say is we could use donut days but other than that good job.

Use Caution When Accepting Your Position With This Company...

Former Employee - Repair Technician in Liverpool, NY
    Former Employee - Repair Technician in Liverpool, NY

I worked at Revonate

Pros

Working a hard day's work for a fair day's pay was the best feeling to have in this economic turmoil New York state is going through.

Cons

I was recently discharged from Revonate. I find it very sad that the company uses scare-tactics to keep employees in line. I find it very sad that the company would rather let an employee go then fix the issue. I find it very sad that a company would post a false review on this site posing as a happy employee to make them look better. I find it sad that no other employee will stand up for what is right and use their voices to straighten out the issues that this company has. And most of all, I find it very very sad that the company would block glassdoor.com so their employees could not see any of this - why try to hide the truth from everyone? All you have to do is walk inside the place and see everything wrong with it. If you were a fly on the wall - you'd most likely agree with all of this and all that the other angered review has stated.

Stop sitting in your air-conditioned offices, collecting loads of money in your paychecks, look in the mirror, see what you are doing and how lousy you are treating employees, change yourselves, and change the work environment for the before you have no employees left...

There are newer employer reviews for Revonate