There are newer employer reviews for Rewards Network

Underpaid and not appreciated....

Current Employee - Contract Ops in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Contract Ops in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Rewards Network full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

● 33% discount on Program restaurants
● Nice coworkers
● Get to wear jeans everyday
● Idine lunches
● Casual environment

Cons

● Pay totally sucks
● Benefits suck
● Not appreciated for all the work I do!
● Manager plays favorites
● Can't work from home when Manager does all the time.

Open your eyes and your wallets before it is too late and you lost all your great employees!

117 Other Employee Reviews for Rewards Network (View Most Recent)

It's like watching the Titanic go down.

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Rewards Network full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule.

It actually IS a good concept. As a sales rep, you want a product you can believe in selling, and I was always proud to tell people the companies I represented and the fact that of all the people that would call on them that day, I was the only one NOT asking them to devalue their restaurant.

Cons

It is being run into the ground. Rewards Network used to run like a well-oiled machine. There was communication between the departments, there was trust and respect for the 2 men running the sales staff, there was a great balance of hard work and fun.

When EGI took over, I don't think they ever got it that the restaurant industry is an entirely different beast in and of itself. Food service experience does NOT equal restaurant experience. They keep putting people in charge who don't understand that either, yet they all want to come in and "make their mark". So the 1st, raised prices during a struggling economy, slashed the support for the sales department by about 60%, tried to restructure the whole chain of command (only to have it go back to exactly what it was before she fired everyone) and then left. The second spent a great deal of energy focusing on National accounts - which has really gone nowhere, and then also left. You've got a man running half of the sales force who can't put a sentence together to save his life, and has never been in sales. There is zero communication, support or direction coming from above. Just fear. It's turned into a culture of fear.

Restaurant owners are tired. They are hit on the most of any industry out there and they're skeptical. RN still holds to an old-school mentality of cold call, cold call, cold call..... But they've done nothing to put the company in a visible or credible position with restaurateurs. No joining restaurant associations, going to trade shows, sponsoring restaurant events. It is truly baffling why they don't want to get involved and after the company being around for 30 years, it's embarrassing as a sales rep to constantly hear "Why have I never heard of you"? People knew who Groupon was in a matter of months - and this is a far better program, but no one wants to advertise it. Ironic - an advertising company that won't advertise.

I think it's too late

Good Company, Good Pay, Sketchy Product

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Rewards Network full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Loyalty and Rewards programs. Overall a decent company to work for with helpful sales support and good pay. Benefits are pretty good as well.

Cons

Horrible "Cash Advance" Oh wait you cant call it that or it would be illegal.... Program
    Prepaid Meals and Dining program, Come on who are you fooling. Rates up to 200%. Pretty much 100% cold calling and no marketing efforts are extended to the sales teams.

Restructure prepaid food and beverage purchase program

There are newer employer reviews for Rewards Network